Question Mouse and keyboard problem. (INPUT LAG)

gergelynagy122

Commendable
Jan 22, 2018
Hello everybody!!

I have a problem with my mouse and keyboard which is both randomly become less responsive. The mouse becomes slower and heavy i can't hit any shots in any game the slower movement is also present in Windows 10 desktop. The keyboard key stuck like example, ingame when im pressing the movement keys get stuck(not physically) and i need to press it again to get it unstuck. Also my monitor sometimes has some weird pixel dropping artifact from top to bottom most noticable in grey areas turning it off and on fixes it.

Things i tried to fix the problem.
Clean install Windows 10. After this my mouse and keyboard works for 3-4 hours then the problem comes back.
Driver updates.(Chipset, Audio, GPU, Keyboard, mouse). If i reinstall or update any driver the problem gets fixed for like 1 hour max then comes back.
Buying new mouse, keyboard, monitor. My previouse devices Logitech g203 mouse, some random Genius keyboard, Samsung S22C150 monitor. Same problem with the new ones.
Reconnecting the mouse and keyboard also switching up the usb ports. This sometimes fixes the problem but after a while comes back.
Trying out different outlets in my house. Also i tried my neighbour electricity. No fix, i tried doing this because i read it somewhere this problem could be electrical because bad grounding.
Bios update.
Turning off Xbox Overlay.

If anybody has any idea pleas help. Thank you for any help.

Peripherals:
Mouse: Glorious Model O
Keyboard: HyperX Alloy FPS RGB
Headset: HyperX Cloud Stinger
Monitor: Benq XL2411P 144hz
Secondary Monitor: Samsung S22C150

My PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 1600X
CPU Cooler: Id-Cooling SE-214C-R
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 (2x4GB)
Video Card: GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 3GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350-Gaming
SSD: Adata SP550 120 GB
HDD: -
PSU: Corsair VS550 550W
Case: Corsair SPEC-03 With 3 FAN

Lutfij

Titan
Are you working with the Orange label VS series of Corsair PSU's? If so I'd replace that with something better. Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Latest BIOS update for your motherboard? As for drivers, manually download and install the drivers(in an elevated command, Run as Administrator) after you've made sure you don't have BIOS updates pending.

gergelynagy122

Commendable
Jan 22, 2018
Are you working with the Orange label VS series of Corsair PSU's? If so I'd replace that with something better. Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Latest BIOS update for your motherboard? As for drivers, manually download and install the drivers(in an elevated command, Run as Administrator) after you've made sure you don't have BIOS updates pending.
Yes im using a Orange Vs series, The lates bios is installed, and the lates windows 10 update as well. Today i tried to install the updates as administrator but did not help.

Are the HWinfo numbers taking from a time while you were gaming? If so they look ok. Couple of questions:
  1. Did the issue look exactly the same with the Samsung S22C150?
  2. How are the monitors connected to the video card?
  3. Have you tried removing one monitor from the equation, so that just one monitor has output from the video card?

AtotehZ

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
This is a guess, more than an answer. Others will have to correct it if it's wrong.

Couldn't he try undervolting the system temporarily to see if the problem is the PSU not giving enough juice?
It would have to be by a fair bit if he has problems on the desktop ofc.

Last edited:

gergelynagy122

Commendable
Jan 22, 2018
Are the HWinfo numbers taking from a time while you were gaming? If so they look ok. Couple of questions:
  1. Did the issue look exactly the same with the Samsung S22C150?
  2. How are the monitors connected to the video card?
  3. Have you tried removing one monitor from the equation, so that just one monitor has output from the video card?
Hwinfo numbers were got after running 3dmark Firestrike.

1. Yes, thats why i upgraded, because i was using hdmi to vga adaptor.
  2. With display port.
  3. Yes, it makes 0 difference.

gergelynagy122

Commendable
Jan 22, 2018
This is a guess, more than an answer. Others will have to correct it if it's wrong.

Couldn't he try undervolting the system temporarily to see if the problem is the PSU not giving enough juice?
It would have to be by a fair bit if he has problems on the desktop ofc.

How should i do that? Also turning off in bios global c state and coreboost helps but everything is so random doing anything makes difference.

One thing I find interesting is that a few threads reporting this issue mention "power" as an issue, whether it be from their home or inside the PC. The VS550 should be an "adequate" power supply (not great, but not terrible) so I am just wondering if swapping out this for a better unit at a local store (easy return if necessary) would be a good idea here.

AtotehZ

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
If you really wanna troubleshoot it that way, I suggest trying to pull one of the RAM sticks first.
First try with one, then the other. If the problem persists you've mostly ruled out the RAM.
4GB ram is not great for CSGO, but you mentioned it happening elsewhere as well. Don't have too many programs open when you try it.

You should also try checking the task manager to see how much of your RAM you're using. I'm bad at closing programs after I use them, I often have 8-10 GB open in background programs.

If you think the return policy of the local shop will just let you get your money back I see no harm in trying.

EDIT: The more I look at troubleshooting guides combined with you saying "things work fine for the first while" the more it sounds like a RAM problem to me. PSU is definitely a possibility, but borrowing a RAM stick or 2 from a friend(16GB if you can) might help you rule it out. Especially if the look at task manager confirms that you're running near 100% RAM usage. You should not be needing 16GB RAM, but if your default installation includes a lot of programs running in the background I suppose it's possible you need more than 8GB.

Last edited:

gergelynagy122

Commendable
Jan 22, 2018
One thing I find interesting is that a few threads reporting this issue mention "power" as an issue, whether it be from their home or inside the PC. The VS550 should be an "adequate" power supply (not great, but not terrible) so I am just wondering if swapping out this for a better unit at a local store (easy return if necessary) would be a good idea here.

My local shop policy is if i notice anything wrong with the product and if i prove them the product is bad only then they accept it back. :(

Last edited:

gergelynagy122

Commendable
Jan 22, 2018
If you really wanna troubleshoot it that way, I suggest trying to pull one of the RAM sticks first.
First try with one, then the other. If the problem persists you've mostly ruled out the RAM.
4GB ram is not great for CSGO, but you mentioned it happening elsewhere as well. Don't have too many programs open when you try it.

You should also try checking the task manager to see how much of your RAM you're using. I'm bad at closing programs after I use them, I often have 8-10 GB open in background programs.

If you think the return policy of the local shop will just let you get your money back I see no harm in trying.

EDIT: The more I look at troubleshooting guides combined with you saying "things work fine for the first while" the more it sounds like a RAM problem to me. PSU is definitely a possibility, but borrowing a RAM stick or 2 from a friend(16GB if you can) might help you rule it out. Especially if the look at task manager confirms that you're running near 100% RAM usage. You should not be needing 16GB RAM, but if your default installation includes a lot of programs running in the background I suppose it's possible you need more than 8GB.
My bad i forgot to mention in things i tried, already did this, with every ram in every slot and the problem came back every time.
Today i noticed a 100% fix after i posted which always result in a fully functional mouse and keyboard which is removing the USB Driver in device manager which is called: AMD USB 3.0 eXtensible HOST Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft) and AMD USB 3.1 eXtensible HOST Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft).
After removing this i need to restart the computer because the mouse and keyboard turns off, after that when the pc restarted a pop up message tells me: Setting up Wired Gaming Mouse, Setting up HyperX Alloy FPS RGB after that it tells me its ready to use. But sadly it comes back but it fixes it every time but i don't understand why the problem comes back after a while.
Maybe the usb ports are bad? Or can't handle the data or electricity? I don't know.
Also i have a 2010-11 pc which is now unsuitable for gaming like to play CS:GO with a very good fps, but in the desktop the mouse feels so much better with that computer.

gergelynagy122

Commendable
Jan 22, 2018

gergelynagy122

Commendable
Jan 22, 2018
The USB driver you already have installed. This change just keeps Windows from looking for, downloading, and installing "other" drivers in the background.
No succes with Windows update disable, but if i overclock the cpu and it gets more voltage the mouse and keyboard works more better is this sugesting a bad psu or motherboard?

Apr 26, 2020
I have the same issue. However, I have Msi Z370 Pro Carbon AC Motherboard with i7 8700k. I will go crazy really and there is no Dynamic VCORE SOC(DVID) setting on my motherboard. Never mind I dont think this is the problem. How can I solve this permanently? Why I have this issue? I will break my computer soon coz of this problem.