Question Mouse and sometimes keyboard constantly disconnecting & reconnecting ?

zewp

Commendable
Jun 26, 2019
For some ungodly reason, mostly only when playing games such as Rust etc, my mouse constantly disconnects and reconnects? sometimes these spasms lasts only 3 seconds just to reconnect, and sometimes where everything connected in every USB ports including the ones on the front of my case, just completely turn off and turn back on after roughly 15 seconds. It happens when I'm just on my desktop as well, however, much less frequently. I've tried absolutely everything google has recommended such:

Turning off "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
Changing USB suspend in power management settings
Trying many different USB port combinations
Reinstalling windows
Uninstalling and reinstalling mouse drivers.

I'm guessing its something to do with the motherboard as all the USB ports sometimes turn off all at once, so I've tried to update my ASRock AB350m Pro4 motherboard drivers but just cant find them anywhere.
Was about to buy a new motherboard as a last straw however I thought id post on here before I do anything.

note; some days, only the mouse disconnects and some days both disconnect at the same time.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition? History of heavy gaming use, video editing, or even bit-mining?

Go into Reliability History and Event Viewer to look error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the disconnects.

Another thing to do:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly seated.