Question Mouse-Button 3 is sticking, but not?

visuore

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2012
Hey guys, today "MB3-click" started acting up for me. I recently cleaned it but, unfortunately, left a browser window open while I did it. It was looking like a hardware problem at first, but now I'm starting to think it may be a web browser setting or maybe software in the mouse. Whenever I use MB3-click to scroll a webpage, it works just fine. But, when I try to press it again it will not perform any action. Obviously, I would hope that it would undo the scrolling action after I clicked it again, but it doesn't. So instead I use MB1-click to undo the scrolling action, which seemingly works just fine. But I noticed that when I try to click on my Windows taskbar afterward it will not switch, or even highlight, any application I click. To fix the issue, I have been right-clicking anywhere on the browser page and then left-clicking, on the web page, off the window to close it. This will let me regain normal control of my mouse until I MB3 click on a web browser again. I've checked, and it is literally only happening in this scenario, on a web browser. Otherwise, MB1, MB3, and MB2 are all performing perfectly in every other task. Does anyone have any ideas?

Edit: I have a Logitech G502 mouse and I'm using Google Chrome

Last edited:

visuore

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2012
Even saying this feels a bit "extreme" for this, but perhaps just uninstall Chrome, re-install and see if the issue resolves?
Unfortunately, I just found another application it is happening in. It is the same issue with the same fix. I would think that it is physically sticking, but it works every time I try clicking it normally.