Mouse cursor delay

Nutts

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Hi guys,

Okay, so for like a half a year right now i got mouselag, this all started when i started upgrading my pc i went from a AMD to INTEL and i bought a 1060 6 gb. Then i started noticing mouselag, it isn't like freezing of the cursor or anything like that but there is like a small delay when i move my mouse it just doesn't feel snappy. I installed a fresh copy of windows 7, 8.1 and 10 which all did not solve the problem i installed all my drivers which didnt solve the problem. So a few days ago i got so sick of this that i sold all my components and bought a complete new pc featuring a ryzen 1600 and a HD7870 2 GB (gpu shortage) and i still got the mouse lag. People have been saying its something in my head which it isn't cuz me and my brother did a side by side comparison of our pc's and we both noticed i had mouse lag and he didn't. So does anybody know what i can do about this i'd love to hear that.

Best regards

Solution

Hello again

In that case, can you please confirm if you tried using the mouse on a different computer, or using a different mouse on this computer?

Also, when you said you did a side-by-side comparison with your brother's PC, can you please tell what actually...
Hello

I was wondering if you already tried increasing the mouse pointer speed?

If not, you can do so by typing Pointer Options in the Cortana search box, and then moving the Motion slider to the right to increase the pointer speed.

Please let me know if this doesn't fix the issue and you need any further assistance.

Cheers!! :)

Nutts

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

Nope, the mouse speed is fine but just when I move it on desktop or in game there is a little delay of my cursor moving.

Hello again

In that case, can you please confirm if you tried using the mouse on a different computer, or using a different mouse on this computer?

Also, when you said you did a side-by-side comparison with your brother's PC, can you please tell what actually did you do? I mean, did you take your PC near your brother's computer or brought your brother's PC near yours?

My point here is, if not already tried yet, please try plugging your computer to a different power outlet and if possible, try using a different mouse pad or removing the mouse pad altogether.

Since you changed all your PC components and bought the new ones, I don't think there is something related to hardware. There might be something external that is interfering.

Please report back with the results to allow us to provide you with a better solution.

Cheers!! :)

Solution

Nutts

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

Yes, my pc next to his in his room, I also tried to plug it in the wall in the livingroom which did not change anything I also bought another mouse a zowie fk1 which is driverless, I also tried a different mouse which did not help. I cleaned the sensor of the mouse too.