Question Mouse cursor freezes for a second, then behaves perfectly normally ?

Aug 11, 2023
Edit - [8/23/2023] Update:
New SSD M.2 Installed, problem appeared only twice during the day, os freshly installed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit - [8/22/2023] Update:
New symptom, mice (HyperX Pulsefire Haste wired) disconnected and reconnected automatically, out of nowhere. The new ssd arrives tomorrow, I will install it and remove the bios battery at the same time.
I hope the problem will disappear. I started to consider changing the mouse with these disconnections, but the bug with the cursor appears using other peripherals too
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,
I've been struggling with the following problem for a month already and I can't find a solution.
Problem occurs no matter what I'm doing at the time, whether I'm playing a game or if I'm simply looking for various things on the Internet. I will start by describing the problem as briefly as possible.

Cursor freezes (for 1 sec ~ 1.5) after that it works perfectly normally.
When the problem appeared (about a month ago) I didn't change anything in the system component, not even a single setting,
I didn't install anything new.
If the click was pressed during the freeze, it remains pressed (in games it happens that my weapon's firing even if I no longer press)
When it freezes, the activity is not affected, only the cursor / in-game crosshair remains steady for one second.
No performance issues, no framedrops / spikes, no audio glitches, no crashes.
There are no problems due to temps, cpu does not exceed 60 degrees, and the video card rarely reaches 80 during long gaming sessions.
Nothing overclocked, only performance settings from bios & nvidia control panel and windows.
* In BIOS, the cursor does not freeze, but in windows, 3 seconds after the first movement, it freezes, it works normally for 15-20 minutes, freeze.*

What i already tried:
- clean windows reinstall & optimized (I didn't touch the operating system services, only settings and applications.)
- tried different graphics driver versions 522.25 up to 536.99
- uninstalling mouse software (HyperX NGENUITY) and factory reset.
- disabled "Hide mouse while typing" - "Enhance pointer precision" it's always off - i'm not using it.
- uninstalled peripheral drivers from "Device Manager"
- tried all windows integrity check commands: SFC /scannow /chkdsk dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- disabled Realtek HD Audio start-up apps (it managed to reduce the number of freezes, but they reappeared shortly after)
- uninstalled / reinstalled audio drivers.
- disabled all unused audio outputs / inputs.
- tested with default BIOS settings
- tried turning back on Fast Startup, nothing changed.
- tried balanced power plan instead of maximum performance.
- started to uninstall each application one by one, without any result.
- installed all Visual C++ runtimes
- tried another display port cable.
- factory reset monitor settings
- tried with only one monitor after os reinstalled
- tried using HDMI cable instead DP

My specs:
[OS - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 - Graphics Driver - 536.99]
CPU & GPU - intel core i5 11600k & Gigabyte Eagle Oc RTX 3060 Ti
MBO & RAM - ASUS PRIME B560 PLUS - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz
SSD & HDD - Kingston A400 240GB & Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM (all SATA)
PSU - Seasonic Focus GX 650W 80+ Gold
Mice & Keyboard - HyperX Pulsefire Haste & HyperX Alloy Elite 2
Monitors - 144Hz 24 inch 1 ms BenQ XL2411P (main) & Samsung Odyssey G3 144hz 1ms 24 inch
Mic - HyperX QuadCast (USB)

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2023
how full is the ssd?
what is on the hdd?
Drives are optimized & retrimed, good speeds on crystal disk mark, as good as a new one.
On the SSD I have 90 GB free and on the HDD (430 GB free out of 1TB) I only have the Steam game library, some older drivers for the video card (in case a rollback is needed), backup folders for my photos, some screenshots, nothing to cause problems.

All drivers are installed on the SSD together with the operating system.
What I have installed extra: Steam, Discord, GeForce Experience, Ngenuity (mice's software), EA app, Winrar, Visual C++ runtimes, Java 8, Chrome and my wireless pci-e card driver (it does not cause problems, I tested without the network card and its driver)

Since 2 months ago I was thinking about upgrading to M.2 SSD and now that I encountered this problem I ordered one. But I'm not sure it will solve my problem. [ if he does, I will close this thread :)) ]

One thing I didn't think about and I have to admit it, I have Rust installed on my SSD and every time I update the game, SSD and the applications (steam for example) installed on it are very slow during the update installation. But with all that, I didn't have this cursor or other problems since one month ago when it appeared.

Aug 11, 2023
have the task manger open and see what program is consuming resource during the freeze
might be a background app checking/updating
I didn't notice any high consumption of resources with the cursor freeze.
No program or service in the stage of "not responding".

In task manager cpu & gpu never reach 100% (idle cpu 6 - 20% & gpu 0 - 3%) and rams hardly reach or exceed 25 - 35% (active / in-use) SSD and HDD are between 1 and 5%.

I did some benchmarks in 3DMark, good scores, above average.
For example in Fire Strike my score is 22 900 / 23 100 (2nd run) - and avg: 22 700 & best 25 008
At least i know it's not a cpu or gpu related problem. No freezes during benchmarks.
Could this be a ram or motherboard or maybe a power supply issue?

I have not received a bluescreen or any other error for a very long time and there are no performance problems, no crashes during benchmarks or stress tests..

The more possibilities I eliminate, the more I run out of ideas, I don't know what else to try.
If changing the ssd won't solve this problem, I'll try with windows 11.

Aug 11, 2023
Update No. 2
New SSD M.2 arrived & installed.
Cursor problem still exist, but appears less often but i think because of the os, it's fresh installed.

Aug 11, 2023
install any app for the keyboard/mouse? rgb led?
HyperX Ngenuity. Problem occurs with & without this software, tried uninstalling / installing from site instead of Microsoft store, factory reset. I ran out of ideas..
Clear cmos did nothing helpful.
Windows reinstalled (usb tool created again) & new SSD, nothing installed, still occurs.

Aug 11, 2023
latest chipset driver?
power profile on performace?
Tried both power profiles balanced & performance. Chipset installed, up-to-date.
Things I can’t test now and don’t know if these can cause this issue:
- another psu & mbo & cpu and ram kit.