Question Mouse cursor randomly stops/flickers/disappears.

Aug 4, 2023
Now to clear things up, this is not a problem with the mouse itself, since I've tried using others and the result was the same. Mouse cursor works for a few seconds, stops and disappears if I start moving it, continues to do so if I move it faster until it's completely gone, only coming back once I've restarted the computer. I've tried unplugging & plugging it in again with no luck. Also, my main mouse has a red LED light that flickers continuously, and when the cursor disappears it doesn't stop flickering, as if nothing happened. No windows notification either that the device has been disconnected.

I noticed that whenever the vanishing of the cursor happens or is about to occur, the LED lights from my motherboard flicker too. So it might be a problem with the motherboard? I have tried plugging the mouse in every USB port from my PC, as well as a Myria USB Hub, however it all ended the same. Everything else works: keyboard etc.

All my drivers are up to date and my Windows (I'm using Windows 10) is on the latest version.

Scanned the PC for viruses using 2 different AV's.

Specs:CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10500 CPU @ 3.10GHz

RAM: 16GB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660

Motherboard: TUF GAMING H470-PRO

Mouse (main one I'm using): ASUS ROG Sica

If you need any more information, let me know. Thanks!

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Do the mice work without problems on other known working (no vanishing cursor etc.) computers?

Do mice from other computers experience vanishing cursors when used on your computer?

Determine if the problems follow the mice or stay with your computer.

My immediate thought is that the PSU/motherboard may not be providing the necessary USB power.

If possible try using an independently powered USB hub to serve the mouse.