Question Mouse disconnects and reconnects/breaks when wheel is pressed

StarshipJake

Reputable
Sep 3, 2016
Hello!
I bought a new mouse today. For a few good hours, it worked great, but suddenly it started to act weird.
When I press the wheel to open or close a tab or do anything else which requires pressing it, the mouse disconnects and reconnects. Alternatively, it doesn't disconnect, but messes things up, like makes it so the left button click acts like the wheel click, as in "open in new tab" instead of "open in this tab". The most annoying thing is, the same happens to the touchpad, as in when the mouse breaks, touchpads starts acting the same. Of course, the problem occurs on every app or window, not just the web browser, I'm just using it as an example. Once the mouse breaks down as mentioned before, only a system restart helps.
Tried uninstalling and installing the device again, but didn't do help. I also deselected the power saving option in root USB in device management as suggested online, but that also didn't change anything.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Jake

StarshipJake

Reputable
Sep 3, 2016
Do you disconnect mouse when you have restarted laptop?
I tried it both ways, the result is the same. The mouse returns to normal I'd say 7/10 times, sometimes it doesn't work at all, sometimes it's like it was before the restart. But I now noticed that a thing identical to what happens when the wheel is pressed happens when I click the left button and drag the pointer across the screen like when selecting multiple files. I guess it's just a faulty device...