[SOLVED] Mouse doesn't always work (MSI B450-A Pro Max)

Countess_C

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
I'm helping a friend and have the PC here. New build with MSI B450-A PRO MAX motherboard, 3400G CPU and Windows 10. Drivers that came with the Motherboard on DVD were used.

When starting the computer, Windows 10 loads just fine, but the mouse pointer can't be moved. Sometimes the pointer isn't even there on the screen. What can cause that, and how do I fix it?

Solution
Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? You should be on 1909, ideally. Also, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard, then manually download all the necessary(latest) drivers from MSI's support site and manually install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? You should be on 1909, ideally. Also, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard, then manually download all the necessary(latest) drivers from MSI's support site and manually install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Reactions: Countess_C
Solution

TRENDING THREADS