Mouse doesn't work after waking up from sleep mode

pistolpete31

Honorable
May 10, 2012
As the title suggests, when I wake my computer up from sleep mode my mouse often doesn't work. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I have the most updated drivers for it. I am using a Logitech MX-518 and Windows 7 Professional. I am using a desktop and usually resume from sleep mode by hitting space bar and the keyboard.

sasfir

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
Hi, I'm experiencing the same problems on two different computers after the latest automatic "Windows updates". Everything has been working fine for about a year on both machines untill some weeks ago. I'm using windows 7 professional. I have now realized that the problem is isolated to the USB-ports on the back of the computer i.e. the ones that i think are on the motherboard, all USB on the front work after wakeing up from sleep mode.

Did you find as solution? Did you try to edit the registry for the USB Host controler to force a reset on resume? (ForceHCResetOnResume = 1)?

KL TAN

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015

KL TAN

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
had same problem on window vista after enable wake up system by mouse. Setting done at device manager/mice and other devices/power management. After disable this function everything back to normal.

JoshuaKA02

Reputable
Jan 11, 2016

I've had this problem forever and thought it was my mouse or usb ports crapping out on me. The above solution seemed to fix it. However, I was also unplugging and plugging it in repeatedly while changing the settings in control panel. After I hit that last 'Ok' to see just the control panel open, my mouse laser did start working again.