[SOLVED] Mouse "Drifting" Problem , not what Ur, 1st thinking ! ----- *Cant find Solution on Google* ( Wrong Q/A Comes up)

May 10, 2021
so , ive tried to google my problem ( i did but could find my problem , just some ,Unreated QnA )
My question is,
So ,
i'll Center my mouse on pad and in game . ( using fps game " aim labs " 180 Warm up ) So, Cough.
ill center my mouse on ,the mouse pad .....( dot dot dot_)

Then !
. i look right , I look left . shooting targets for about 10-30 sec ,,,

Then ,
when i look at where i 1st centered the mouse ( on my mouse pad)

And when I look at the game to see where the crosshair is at ( Not in the Place it Start ,,,,* it ways a Different ways to not always down from start point)
...so , its now moving !?!?!?! Wtf How did I not notice this For! ( I aways just pick the mouse up and Recenter all the time now I think about it .... Lmao My son said " you pick the mouse up a lot dad " * Probably what made me notice this lmao , Life , Right ( dot dot dot ...)

So ,
WHAaa? Why I ask my self , why would it do this ,, Ahh All them Aim Videos on youtube is like turn ur "Enhance Pointer Precision " in the Mouse Properties ( windows10)
now let me specify, It doesn't always drift in the same direction! from Starting point , it might go, up/right , it might go, Just Straight down, etc... ... , it moves unpractical )

now, i didn't push the move/walk keys ( the w,s,a,or A. ) I'm not sure why it does this plz help :-D

So, I did, and I went ahead in the windows 10 mouse setting,,,, ~! Made Sure Everything thing is on Default
( I'm am, n old pc nut and not no beginner ( 33 and have always been on a pc./techish hobby ) , lol look how to fool of my self I am Lol)

so I then think, it my mouse pad / Maybe ( lol) * my just checking things off the list*
Nope , Still does it . Hummm... SO google... ill try Good Old GOOGLE !! Yes!!
( I'm dislexic 2/3 and my Right eye over comps ) so I kinda have a hardtime (I do love google though!! )
But all I get at Ppl With Questions About " My mouse Moves when Im Not Moveing it?!" in the Q and A i found ( "Its Haunted" Someone Reply's Lol)
But nothing talking about my Issues ( not sure If anyone would notice this , they just pick the mouse up and Move it back to center ( obviously ) lol)
Nothing on My topic i could find , i really not sure how to address this question ...

.. but still my " drift " problem ,is still there ? nothing of this fixed my problem!

dot dot dot ,
and, to be honest ,
not sure what is really going on here , why is this mouse Drifting as I used it? ?

***not sure, if someone can think of a way better search term then i can for this problem, I just keep getting the same thing when i google it. ( I NEed Help Ahhhh!!! )

... i do Look forward to hearing- if this is a common problem / or this is just Specific to me ( and / or a Solution , yea , a Solutions ! YES !! Thats what i want to see !! ( lol )

Thank you for reading This Btw~! ( and sorry if u had problems reading it )

Last edited:
Solution
sO sure u can , just take ur mouse

Center it , turn it ( 90°) then go down , Turn ( back 90°)
And u will see what I'm kinda talking about ,, the mouse always know what up is , when 2 Optcal Senser , they could program it Since it now has 2 images to work with ,, with 1 optic U cant Mussure a twist like u could with a dual sensor

That is simply how a mouse works. When you turn it 90°, the top of the mouse is facing to the left/right. When you move it towards yourself when it is turned at a 90° angle, you are moving the mouse to the left/right. After you straighten it out, the mouse will still be in the same place, but the pointer on-screen will be off to one side because you moved the mouse to the left/right when it was at...

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
I’d say to update your operating system and drivers. If you provide your device manufacturer and model number or full system specs (if it’s a custom built computer), I can point you in the right direction for drivers and it will help others with potential solutions.

Last edited:
Reactions: iGunner
May 10, 2021
i think im just Twisting the Mouse ( lmao . ) As I turn my Arim , My Wrist Turn the mouse Just a little ( 10 to 15 Degrees ) Then I pull the mouse down as I go to the opposite side ( 180° target- there are 2 on each side )
So then As I com to center I push my mouse up , Then finish going to the top left ( bang bang ) shot the two targets ,
I go back to swing to the right
As I do this Im Twisting the mouse

U can try this by
1 Look at a center in a 3rd person Shooter , As u find ur Centerpoint,
2- U Turn ur Mouse 90° ( iRL)
3 - Then Pull Mouse down ( IRl) , ( Bottom of Mouse Pad Or w/e)

Then when u get to the Bottom on the Mouse pad

Move to 2nd half after finishing 1st Three Steps .

Hi Welcome to the
2nd half * :-D
so, then (sry lol)

4 -Turn it Back 90° ,Again ( to Original ANGLE )

Now without picking up the mouse.

5-Move ur mouse up, to Where u first had it . *the mouse 1st position on the pad *

Now,
Look at the monitor !
Crazy right? ( we need two lazer on the bottom of all mouses !!!)

You will have to try to see what happens,
( cant Explain all that I'm not a Scientist if I was, Id make a mouse with two Lazers On the Bottom, instead of one lezer! )

we need MORE LAZERS . (just two though we don't need like 10 or 20) .... just 2. hell i don't think 3 would do anything, it not like ur measuring sound,, more is better with sound , look at the nose of a submarine ( the Echo location Tech)

MORE LASERS !!!!!!

So run the Step above and let me know and
then type it below here so I can read it :-D ( so i can know ? lol man i suck at this Reading typing thing )

Now,
Plz, Some 1 try .
ty btw for reading all this :-D

But I'm thinking that this is why my mouse is doing this drifting this

Answer
- Ur turning the Mouse ( Why Mouses should all have Two Lazers !!! we Need these tools to be accurate ! )

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/07370024.2014.894888
I found this here ,,, THE FUTER !!!

So its *Coordinate Disturbance During Skilled Strokes *

Last edited:

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
i think im just Twisting the Mouse ( lmao . ) As I turn my Arim , My Wrist Turn the mouse Just a little ( 10 to 15 Degrees ) Then I pull the mouse down as I go to the opposite side ( 180° target- there are 2 on each side )
So then As I com to center I push my mouse up , Then finish going to the top left ( bang bang ) shot the two targets ,
I go back to swing to the right
As I do this Im Twisting the mouse

U can try this by
1 Look at a center in a 3rd person Shooter , As u find ur Centerpoint,
2- U Turn ur Mouse 90° ( iRL)
3 - Then Pull Mouse down ( IRl) , ( Bottom of Mouse Pad Or w/e)

Then when u get to the Bottom on the Mouse pad

Move to 2nd half after finishing 1st Three Steps .

Hi Welcome to the
2nd half * :-D
so, then (sry lol)

4 -Turn it Back 90° ,Again ( to Original ANGLE )

Now without picking up the mouse.

5-Move ur mouse up, to Where u first had it . *the mouse 1st position on the pad *

Now,
Look at the monitor !
Crazy right? ( we need two lazer on the bottom of all mouses !!!)

You will have to try to see what happens,
( cant Explain all that I'm not a Scientist if I was, Id make a mouse with two Lazers On the Bottom, instead of one lezer! )

we need MORE LAZERS . (just two though we don't need like 10 or 20) .... just 2. hell i don't think 3 would do anything, it not like ur measuring sound,, more is better with sound , look at the nose of a submarine ( the Echo location Tech)

MORE LASERS !!!!!!

So run the Step above and let me know and
then type it below here so I can read it :-D ( so i can know ? lol man i suck at this Reading typing thing )

Now,
Plz, Some 1 try .
ty btw for reading all this :-D

But I'm thinking that this is why my mouse is doing this drifting this

Answer
- Ur turning the Mouse ( Why Mouses should all have Two Lazers !!! we Need these tools to be accurate ! )

So the problem is user error then. I don’t play PC video games and cannot simulate your issue. As well, two lasers would probably not fix issues like this. The pointer on screen (or guns in-game) point to wherever you direct the mouse.

Please keep in mind that one of the tips for posting to these forums is the following:
  • Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive punctuation.
You can see the entire list by clicking here.

May 10, 2021
You can see the entire list by clicking here.
[/QUOTE]

And u will see what I'm kinda talking about ,, the mouse always know what up is , when 2 Optcal Senser , they could program it Since it now has 2 images to work with ,, with 1 optic U cant Mussure a twist like u could with a dual sensor

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021

That is simply how a mouse works. When you turn it 90°, the top of the mouse is facing to the left/right. When you move it towards yourself when it is turned at a 90° angle, you are moving the mouse to the left/right. After you straighten it out, the mouse will still be in the same place, but the pointer on-screen will be off to one side because you moved the mouse to the left/right when it was at a 90° angle. I'd recommend using a console controller like an Xbox controller if this issue persists.

I do not see a reason to continue discussing this topic, so I will not be posting to this thread anymore. Best of luck!

Solution