Question Mouse giving me headaches

Jul 10, 2022
Recently I purchased a Razer Basilisk V3 to replace my Corsair harpoon , but everytime I use the razer I start getting headaches after 5 minutes of use I trying changing settings on it and nothing worked, after that I switched back to the the corsair and other old mice and everything was fine I only get headaches when using the razer anyone know why that might be?

Lutfij

Titan
Could it be due to the RGB lighting via peripheral vision? A side note, to ask, are you specifically stating that the mouse cursor is giving you a headache or the proximity of the mouse near your hand is giving you a headache?

If the latter, I dunno what to think of that. If the former, try and reduce the sensitivity for your mouse pointer or the DPI in the Synapse app.

Jul 10, 2022
Could it be due to the RGB lighting via peripheral vision? A side note, to ask, are you specifically stating that the mouse cursor is giving you a headache or the proximity of the mouse near your hand is giving you a headache?

If the latter, I dunno what to think of that. If the former, try and reduce the sensitivity for your mouse pointer or the DPI in the Synapse app.
It happens when I move the cursor but its fine while gaming and i did try messing with the DPI but nothing seems to work

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Honestly, I am at a loss to explain this phenomenon beyond the LEDs being painfully bright. The device lacks any sort of emitter.

Did you make any other changes when you installed the new mouse? Have you changed any of your display settings?

Jul 10, 2022
Honestly, I am at a loss to explain this phenomenon beyond the LEDs being painfully bright. The device lacks any sort of emitter.

Did you make any other changes when you installed the new mouse? Have you changed any of your display settings?
no I didnt make any changes when installing or anything. the weird thing is that it only happens with this mouse idk if it has something to do with frame rate or what but my corsair works fine. even when connected at the same time only the razer bothers me. I tried asking in other places but no one seems to know why

Ralston18

Titan
If possible, tape or otherwise cover the LEDs in some non-permanent manner. Do so with the system turned off and you do not have headache.

Or put the mouse in a mouse pad sized box of some sort so the lights cannot be seen. Just cut a hole so your hand and wrist can go inside.

Then boot up and work/game as normal.

Do the headaches stop?

no I didnt make any changes when installing or anything. the weird thing is that it only happens with this mouse idk if it has something to do with frame rate or what but my corsair works fine. even when connected at the same time only the razer bothers me. I tried asking in other places but no one seems to know why

The polling rate and the DPI for mouse motions are way too high for humans to register to cause issues. Medically 5-30 flashes a second can cause issues for seizures, but the moue polling rate and motions are done at 120-1000 times a second. What you feel with using it may be unrelated to the mouse, maybe you just happened to get headaches then.