Mouse input lag in every game it's driving me nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

twixy098

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
Hi I own a costume built pc that i built my self but i am having a problem with mouse input lag in every games.
Here's my spec
cpu-8700k
gpu-1080
ram-16gb corsair
psu- 850 watt cosair psu
All my temps are ok 60c on cpu and 65 c on gpu.
When i play any fps games i always feel this mouse inconsistency and always ended up dying. This mouse input lag is driving me crazy

Solution
Hi, I have a couple of questions that might help you determining the cause and/or have a solution to this problem.

My solution was achieved by checking all those steps, some might sound stupid, but you'll see where I'm getting.
I'll bring it in form of a short Q&A, please try everything from top to bottom before going straight to what solved it for me at the bottom:

Q: Have you checked the sensor of your mouse and your mousepad
A: Ofcourse yes + extra argument: this issue only happens in game.

Q: Have you installed all the latest mouse, gpu, chipset, etc. drivers and changing mouse polling rates and mouse acceleration?
A: Checked it all, I know what I'm doing here.

Q: You turned off CPU intensive background programs?
A: Yes, I still...

twixy098

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
turned off and on v sync that didn't help. I put eveything on low on nvidia control panel and that didn't help. Used different monitors and mice.I tried my other gaming pc and always end up with same result. When i go to my friends house and play his computer that i built for him i have no problem with the mouse lag. It was strange to me his computer performs way smoother than mine and i thought to my self it must be my imagination but everytime i go to someone else's house and play their gaming pc it's buttery smooth.

Probably not. : P

What mouse is it? You might have an option like "mouse acceleration" turned on in the settings, that will adjust the speed of the pointer depending on how fast the mouse is moved, which is generally undesirable for accurate aiming in games.

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
HAVE YOU CHECKED THE adapter resolution to make sure you are running at monitor max Hz? I.E. 60MHZ MONITOR OR 144HZ. Also in nvidia control panel maximum pre rendered frames draw rate to a 1. Try disabling cortana too...hate that biatch. Go to device manager and right click on mouse and try rolling back the driver . Also is power management set to high performance?

Oct 9, 2018
so my friend, I'm suffering with this for about 8 months and I can not find solution already tested mouse, keyboard, monitor with different cables, line filter exchange and pc power cable and does not solve. but when I use it in my friend's house my pc stays normal, would you know how to solve it? sorry for English

Nov 7, 2018
Hi, I have a couple of questions that might help you determining the cause and/or have a solution to this problem.

My solution was achieved by checking all those steps, some might sound stupid, but you'll see where I'm getting.
I'll bring it in form of a short Q&A, please try everything from top to bottom before going straight to what solved it for me at the bottom:

Q: Have you checked the sensor of your mouse and your mousepad
A: Ofcourse yes + extra argument: this issue only happens in game.

Q: Have you installed all the latest mouse, gpu, chipset, etc. drivers and changing mouse polling rates and mouse acceleration?
A: Checked it all, I know what I'm doing here.

Q: You turned off CPU intensive background programs?
A: Yes, I still have the issue after closing all background processes possible. (task manager and stuff...)

Q: You turned off SMAA, FXAA, V-SYNC in game or even ran the game settings on the lowest and worst possible settings?
A: Jup, it maybe felt a little better to play, but the problem is still present.

Here it might become interesting for you:

Q: You have a descent CPU, 'good' RAM (memory) and a quite recent high-end GPU?
A: Yes, lost my money because of that expensive hardware. I even got an NVME SSD!

Q: Is your OS or game installed on that 'NVME' SSD?
A: Yes, They both are.

Q: What if you move your game to a normal (SATA) SSD or other disk?
A: I moved the game to an other internal HDD or other normal (SATA) SSD, but the problem is still present.

Q: Have you also tried to install your OS on a drive different than the NVME?
A: FIXED IT!

Basically, I have quite good hardware;
i5-6600K (best i5 CPU in 6th gen), 16GB RAM at 2133Mhz, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming OC, MSI Carbon Z270m MoBo, Samsung NVME 960 PRO 512GB, 2x Samsung SATA 850 EVO 256GB in Raid 0 config, 2TB HDD, Logitech gaming gear: G810, G502, G933, 2x 1080p 60Hz monitors at the sides and a primary 1440p 144Hz monitor, all over DisplayPort)
This config should work properly out of the box without any BIOS changes or OC. However there might be a bottleneck somewhere with these guys: CPU, MoBo and NVME SSD where some mouse input doesn't get registered or is delayed.

After a good year and a half or two with this build I had a total of 3 clean installs (just because I'm a geek and I like it clean but can't always keep it like that).
The first time I installed my OS on my NVME; I had those mouse stuttering issues only in some recent games, switching the game from storage drive didn't help.
The 2nd time my OS was installed on the Raid 0 SATA SSD's (which could be a single SATA SSD for you): This was the smoothest and best performing time, I did long with this Windows installation. I had no mouse stuttering in game. The game however could be installed on the NVME, HDD or Raid 0 SATA SSD's and it all ran perfectly. Problem FIXED here!
After that I tried to install my OS again on the NVME. Guess what, the problems came back exactly as before.
I just reinstalled my OS on another drive now, and my problem is again fixed.

So if you feel yourself being in the same situation as me, and you don't have any other way out to solve this, and are ok to spend 50 to 100 bux for a normal SSD if you don't already have, try installing your OS other than on that NVME, and install your games on it afterwards.

If you tried this, please let us know if this helped you out.

Solution
Oct 9, 2018
So I can not quite understand what this NVME is. and then I have this problem, I use the g403 mouse, with goliathus mouse control padia, I already tested my friend's mouse pad as well as different mouse and keyboard and the problem is the same. My computer has the following settings: gtx 1070, i5 8400, ssd 120gb, hd 2000gb, 16 ram. my monitor is a MONITOR GAMER AOC 21.5 POL. 1MS FREESYNC 75HZ BLACK, G2260VWQ6 which has its screen door cable and its power cord, already tested with my other monitor that has a vga cable with display port adapter and has another type of source and the problem is the same. I have windows 10 that I formatted yesterday again I installed the latest drivers, I disabled windows dvr and sync in nvidia panel, my problem continues in all games, I can feel this input stay on screen by touching the browser ... I just installed steam and logitech games and software to put 800 dpi and 1000's of poling the mouse I've always used. and a question that your problem just happened in the game? and you feel this problem only on the mouse? or is it on the mouse and keyboard? because I feel that late entry on the keyboard as well. just to inform my ssd is a SSD CRUCIAL BX300 120GB CT120BX300SSD1 and my hd is a TOSHIBA 2tb and my windows is installed in ssd

Status
Not open for further replies.