Question Mouse is delayed and I cant find a way to fix it. I think its my hardware but I don't really know what part of it.

firecrysis1234

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
Mouse is really delayed and I tried everything to fix it but nothing ever worked. I reinstalled windows, disabled hpet, unchecked enhance pointer precision, and played around with the overclocks of my cpu. I have a gtx 1070ti, r5 2600, ddr4 memory running at 3200 mhz. What part of my computer could cause mouse latency or delay. I have the dream machines dm1 fps mouse and I am certain it is not the mouse because I have 3 mouses that I have tested and they all have the same result.

Ralston18

Titan
USB mouse/mice - correct?

Mouse being:

https://www.amazon.com/Dream-Machines-DM1-Pro-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B01BRMDSMQ

Mouse drivers:

Have you tried manually downloading the mouse drivers via the manufacturer's website? Reinstall and reconfigure - any difference?

How many and what other USB devices are plugged into your computer?

Do you have an independently powered USB hub? If possible try to borrow an independently powered USB hub. Plug the hub into your computer's USB port and the mouse into the hub. Does that make a difference?

Open Windows and use either Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both but only one at a time.

Let the system sit idle for awhile and pay attention to what resources are being used, what is using the resources, and to what extent (%).

Then move the mouse and watch what, if anything changes. Post accordingly.

firecrysis1234

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
USB mouse/mice - correct?

Mouse being:

https://www.amazon.com/Dream-Machines-DM1-Pro-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B01BRMDSMQ

Mouse drivers:

Have you tried manually downloading the mouse drivers via the manufacturer's website? Reinstall and reconfigure - any difference?

How many and what other USB devices are plugged into your computer?

Do you have an independently powered USB hub? If possible try to borrow an independently powered USB hub. Plug the hub into your computer's USB port and the mouse into the hub. Does that make a difference?

Open Windows and use either Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both but only one at a time.

Let the system sit idle for awhile and pay attention to what resources are being used, what is using the resources, and to what extent (%).

Then move the mouse and watch what, if anything changes. Post accordingly.
Yes the mouse is usb but the link that you sent is wrong it is the dm1 fps not the dm1 pro. I have 2 more usb devices plugged into my computer which is my cougar 600k keyboard and it has two usbs. What should I be looking for in the resource monitor? With only chrome running cpu usage is 2-3% and memory is 18%. I have hardware acceleration turned off for chrome as well. Can a faulty motherboard be causing the mouse latency or could it be something else.

Ralston18

Titan
What you look for in Resource Monitor (and likewise Task Manager) some parameter that changes when the mouse moves and delays occur.

Verify that you have the correct mouse drivers installed. Even if correct, the driver could be buggy or corrupted. Likewise for the current driver installation process.

Manually reinstall the mouse drivers - no third party driver utilities/tools.

Overall, I am thinking that your system is not able to provide enough USB power to the keyboard, mouse, and the two (2) USB sticks that are installed. [Note, you stated the keyboard has "two usbs" - thumb drives - correct?]

That is why I asked about the availability of an independently powered USB hub.

firecrysis1234

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
What you look for in Resource Monitor (and likewise Task Manager) some parameter that changes when the mouse moves and delays occur.

Verify that you have the correct mouse drivers installed. Even if correct, the driver could be buggy or corrupted. Likewise for the current driver installation process.

Manually reinstall the mouse drivers - no third party driver utilities/tools.

Overall, I am thinking that your system is not able to provide enough USB power to the keyboard, mouse, and the two (2) USB sticks that are installed. [Note, you stated the keyboard has "two usbs" - thumb drives - correct?]

That is why I asked about the availability of an independently powered USB hub.
I dont know what is going on, in the resource monitor there doesn't seem to be anything that is causing it. My mouse just feels like slow or something like that. Do you got a discord or something so u can help me with whats going on.

Last edited:

firecrysis1234

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
Im playing games like valorant and csgo but the freezing only happens in csgo. I have bought a new motherboard so i dont think the usb ports are the problem im using the steel legend b450 matx motherboard.

Ralston18

Titan
May not be the motherboard's USB ports per se. (New motherboard or otherwise....)

It could be the power being demanded by the devices attached to those USB ports.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that you can associate with the mouse slow downs?

firecrysis1234

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
May not be the motherboard's USB ports per se. (New motherboard or otherwise....)

It could be the power being demanded by the devices attached to those USB ports.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that you can associate with the mouse slow downs?
I dont think that there is any but i got a hardware error twice but thats when my game crashed. I also have my cpu and ram overclocked, do you think thats the problem? Can my gpu be a problem as well?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Roll back to no overclocking. Game and "test".

If no problems, go up just an increment or so on the overclocking. Game and "test".

Repeat until the problem reoccurs.

Be methodical and deliberate. Keep notes regarding what you changed, where you changed it, and what configuration values where used.

Do remember to make small changes and only overclock one component at a time.

You may discover that your system will accept and run with some overclocking but not with everything overclocked.

Or some particular combination of overclocking configuration values may be the root cause.

Remember that you can monitor system performance via Task Manager or Resource Monitor. Just do not run both at the same time.

The displayed performance specs may prove helpful in narrowing down the problem.

firecrysis1234

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
When I tighten down the timings of my ram they feel a bit better but the problem is still there and when i reset the overclock of my cpu it is worse.
Timings are 15 15 15 15 35 @1.4v 3000 mhz. Overclock on r5 2600 is 1.312 volts for core voltage and 1.15 for soc voltage running at 4 ghz all cores.