MmmPetrol

Commendable
Jan 23, 2020
i7 9700k
Aorus Ultra Z390 LGA 1151
rtx 2070 super
16GB (2x8) DDR4 3200Mhz RAM
1TB m.2 ssd

Windows 10 Home - Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.720)

Really strange problem here. My mouse (Razer Viper) is losing input once every day of two days for about 1 second maximum, then is fine. I'm hoping it's the mouse, but really don't want it to be the motherboard.
The motherboard is a few weeks old, whereas the rest of the pc is a few months old so everything is pretty new. I've had the issue ever since formatting windows for use on my new motherboard. I have Razer synapse (the driver software) so I'm not sure what the problem is. I've tried multiple usb ports for my mouse but still get the disconnect. I have no way of knowing when it will happen, and it lasts about a second maximum, so I don't have much time to react to see if my keyboard has lost input as well. Lets assume the keyboard doesn't lose input. The backlight doesn't go off on the keyboard so that may be worth noting. I can't see the lights on the mouse because my hand covers it when I'm using it.
Really strange and probably niche issue, so sorry about that.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Start by looking in Reliability History and then Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond to the times that the mouse loses input.

Reliability History is more user friendly. It make take some time and effort to delve into Event Viewer.

Also: you may be able to use Task Manager or Resource Monitor (either one but only one at a time) to observe system performance.

You may catch some system issue or bottleneck the corresponds with the mouse's loss of input.

Ralston18

Titan

Start by looking in Reliability History and then Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond to the times that the mouse loses input.

Reliability History is more user friendly. It make take some time and effort to delve into Event Viewer.

Also: you may be able to use Task Manager or Resource Monitor (either one but only one at a time) to observe system performance.

You may catch some system issue or bottleneck the corresponds with the mouse's loss of input.

Solution

MmmPetrol

Commendable
Jan 23, 2020

I've updated my specs list. Sorry, I'm just pretty sure it's either the mobo, mouse, or windows so I didn't include the rest. I use hwmonitor and msi afterburner for rivatuner quite regularly, and I haven't noticed any bottlenecks. My temps are also absolutely fine so it can't be that. I don't know why I didn't think to check the logs. When the problem occurs next, I will be sure to check and share.
Thanks.