Question mouse is too fast no matter the setting

P0tluck94

Commendable
Nov 22, 2021
dont know is this is the right area for this post if not please move it.

Hello again so i recently upgraded my mouse my keyboard and monitor, every since doing this my mouse is either extremely fast or to slow, i'll post what i upgraded from below after pc specs.

Pc specs are:
Ryzen 5800X3D
asus rog strix B550 mobo
4070ti super
thermaltake gf3 850 gold psu
drives are mushkin 5400 speed OS 1 tb drive, 7400 speed 2 tb game drive
3600 cl 16 ram by mushkin
arctic freezer 2 360 aio
lian li fans
nzxt h7 flow case

Upgrades:
Upgraded from a logitech gpro superlite 1 to a logitech gpro superlite 2 (superlite1 is 1000 polling superlite 2 is up to 4000 hrtz)
swapped out my asus tuf 1440 p 144 hrtz 27" monitor for an alienware 27" 280 hrtz 1440p monitor ( asus is now my secondary monitor )
keyboard upgraded from steelseries pro tkl( old model) to 2023 version of steelseries pro tkl with magnetic switches.

every since i upgraded it feels like my mouse is not correctly set up but ive checked it with the web mouse-sensitivity website and also the program called mouse movement recorder , in cod with my asus monitor and my superlite 1 on 1600 dpi and 3 in game sense everything was extremely fluid but not anymore even on that mouse it feels way to fast but vertical feels slow , it takes me about 4" to do a 360 where my old mouse it took me about 8" BUT if i turn the settings down by say just one it makes the mouse feel extremely slow, in windows alone the mouse is great ( have to turn it down) i have tried using 1000 hrtz all the way to 4000hrtz i know the higher the hrtz the faster as far as precision but it didnt make a change .

i dont know how to explain it , but theres no happy medium and sometimes it feels like the mouse "floats" like the cursor doesnt track with the mouse
windows settings are 6/11 or 10/20
no acceleration enabled in windows or in the game.
in ghub i have lift off distance set to low in advanced options (no idea what that even is)
and i have gaming surface enabled (tried on/off/auto)
mousepad is corsair XXL
is it just all the things i upgraded at once where i have to get used to it or is there a secret setting im missing somewhere ?
windows scaling is 100%

i can play any other game fine but not cod my aim is horrific compared to my old stuff before upgrading. as i Said i dont know how to word it very well so sorry if i confused people.

is it a setting or is it me ?

View: https://imgur.com/a/U66JAdE

Last edited: