Mouse Isn't Working With Windows!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxury28

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
So I just updated to Windows 10 everything was working fine, and I decided to update a program and it required me to restart the computer so I did. After the restart when I cannot click in anything in the start menu, cannot right click or left click. I can use the keyboard to open programs though. Also when I hit ctrl alt dlt I cannot click with the mouse. I know that this isn't a problem with my mouse because it works in programs such as chrome, steam, skype etc. I am running some anti-virus tools incase it Is a virus but I highly doubt that.

NOTE: I had this problem with Windows 7 but after ctrl alt dlt it would work, but since the upgrade to win 10 it doesn't work using the ctrl alt dlt method.

Summary:
■ Cannot click in the start menu
■ Cannot click in programs such as the new browser but I can click on the webpage
■ Anything windows related doesn't let me click such as the new browser, the start menu
■ Am scanning for viruses

Any solutions to this let me know please, this makes it a lot harder to use windows without use of the mouse on the start menu.

Astralv

Distinguished
Most mice have manufacturer driver. Some are plug and play, but find the model of your mouse and go to the manufacturer web site for drivers. Also some time Windows will install driver for it. You can go to Start/ Device Manager/Mice and other pointing devices and see what is there, open the box and try to update the driver from there. Also try to plug in in to another USB port- it might just install a driver when you connect it.

Luxury28

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015

I checked the drivers everything seems to be updated, I have a deathadder btw. I changed USB ports and it still doesn't work. Also virus scan finished nothing found. This is really irratating as It will be v hard for me to us my OS

Astralv

Distinguished
I will assure you that Windows 10 is clickable. You can contact tech support and ask if this mouse is compatible with Win 10 and if they will offer any solution. If it has its own control panel where you can assign buttons functions, check there and see if something got massed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.