Question mouse lagging in Windows 10

sutapanaki

Honorable
Jan 11, 2016
Hi,

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell desktop. Everything seems working fine but the mouse. At the beginning when I start my PC it works fine but after some time the mouse starts lagging and the cursor is actually very choppy to the point of not being responsive at all for seconds in a row. I have the feeling that this becomes worse after I use facebook or adobe acrobat but can't be 100% certain. When I go to the mouse settings it says that the drive is up to date. I would greatly appreciate if some one could suggest any ideas of how to debug and fix this problem. Thanks in advance.

Colif

Win 11 Master
see if it still happens in a clean boot as its odd it slows down after a while

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

try updating gpu drivers, that might help.