Question Mouse Movement Lagging My Game

Mar 9, 2019
I've seen this issue pop up in many forum threads across 2011-2014 but I can't seem to find a working fix for it.

For many years I've been able to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011) smoothly at 160+ fps but since 3 days ago my game start to drop to not refreshing at all (<1fps) when moving my mouse. I've tried numerous things but none seem to help. This only happens when moving the mouse, in the main menu AND in game. Moving WASD doesn't affect my FPS, just mouse movements. Since I'm having this mouse-lag problem my fps has also dropped to <90 when not moving regardless of any game setting including render resolution.

The only and important thing I've found that is noteworthy is lowering my mouse's Hz to 125 from 1000, 500 and then 125 I have found that moving my mouse at 1000Hz can get me below 1fps, moving my mouse at 500Hz can get my fps to below 20 and moving my mouse at 125Hz can get my FPS to below 45. Now this would help me get closer to a solution. But the problem here is that I've always been able to play this game at 160+ fps with a frequency of 500Hz on my mouse.

Here I'll list possible fixes I have seen on the internet and tried:
Setting MW3's priority to normal (default high)
Defrag my HDD
Reinstall Windows
Lowering frequency on my mouse
Using different mice (a cheap mouse, a ZOWIE mouse and my own)
Setting game to fullscreen/borderless
Changing CPU power(changing power plans)
Updated BIOS
+ maybe something I forgot 😕

Note: My GPU is cooled properly, NVIDIA control panel settings configured properly

Sorry for the big read, but I decided to provide as much info as possible to fix the problem! ;)

Specs:
Intel i5 4460 (3.2GHz)
ASUS GTX 1060 3GB (OC)
8GB RAM (DDR3)
Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
Mouse: Razer Mamba TE (Tournament Edition)

Last edited: