Mouse not working on wood?

JabbaTheGamer

Reputable
Nov 21, 2014
Ok, so today, I had a game of CS, mid way through it my mouse started to take time to "work".
Once I moved my mouse it took about 3 seconds for it to start moving the mouse. I tapped on the mouse twice; by tap I mean hit it not lightly, nor hard on the laser. Just a 'hit'

By the way; I use my mouse on my desk which is made from wood. (It always worked fine)

Then it just stopped working. I took the mouse apart not seeing anything wrong, I cleaned and blew into the laser trying to get rid of any dust etc. All the sudden I got the idea to use my game cover for the mouse, and in the middle of the case (grey colors) it worked! but in other parts of this small, "Skyrim" case, it didn't. This is very weird. The mouse which I am using is a cheap; 'TeckNet 6D Gaming Mouse Model: M268'. I've had the mouse for a couple months. Also its NOT wireless.

Solution
well it is probably because the laser on your mouse is a lot more sensitive and it doesn't work on the wood because it has a grain to it. I recommend using a mouse pad