Mouse pad issues

Jordan_84

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017
So I recently got a new mouse pad (qck+) and I get a small delay from putting my mouse down after I lift it up. My mouse is a asus strix claw gaming mouse. I never got this issue before with my previous mouse pad. I don't know if its the material of the mouse pad or the lift-off distance of the mouse or whatever. Here's a video to help understand.
https://youtu.be/-ZnecA55I_k

Solution
Are all your device drivers(namely chipset and USB as well as your peripherals)? Your product seems to have a number of firmware updates, are you on the latest firmware? Does adjusting the sensitivity of the mouse change the issue?
I'm not sure exactly what's causing it but doubtful it's the mousepad. I'm using the same pad along with an a4tech f4 mouse and no lag at all when placing it down. Then again my mouse reads even with a little bit of lift off meaning the cursor's beginning to move before the base of the mouse completely lays on the pad.

If you still have your old pad maybe try using it without shutting the pc off, just literally switch out the pad to make sure no updates or drivers are changing anything. Maybe it's just not a good combination with your mouse's sensor for some reason but I'm not sure why that would be. It doesn't seem to be the texture of the pad if the cursor isn't skipping when using it normally (ie not lifting it up and placing it back down). A poor mousepad or incompatible texture (fabric weave) with the sensor would show itself in skipping, moving the mouse around or side to side and random blips where the cursor just seems to stop for no reason before moving again.