Question Mouse pointer can't keep up with the movement

Dec 3, 2020
I'm not sure if this is just a mouse limitation and i need to get a new mouse or if this is a software issue, but if i lower my sensitivity and drag my mouse quickly to the side the speed of the pointer almost hits a wall and doesn't keep up, after i stop moving the mouse i can still see the pointer moving, trying to land on the spot where i stopped my mouse

Dec 3, 2020
so the problem is not with the sensitivity, i'm trying to keep my sensitivity low and i use a large mouse pad to create a wider range of movement. I'm not sure if i explained the issue correctly so i'll try again: when i drag my mouse really fast from one point to another in let's say 0.2 seconds, the cursor doesn't keep up with the mouse and arrives at the end destination in about 0.4 seconds. i stop moving my mouse and I can still see the cursor moving across the screen lagging behind. What I want to know is whether it's a hardware issue and i need a new mouse or if it's a software issue. I currently don't have another mouse so i can't really test this myself at the moment