Question Mouse pointer lags. First person games lag.

nofearcavalier

Honorable
Nov 10, 2015
I've avoided asking this question for years because it seems to happen, eventually, regardless of how I update or what I remove from my system.

My mouse pointer lags. It lags more if I dart it about the screen. Graphics intensive programs (my PC is older) also lag and show "Power Use High" in Task Manager. Sometimes, it mysteriously fixes itself, and other times it makes certain games unplayable. I suspect it's a ventilation issue, but I don't know how to verify that's what's happening; the fans seem to be working.

I'd like to find out what is causing this and fix it.

Thanks!

Dec 3, 2020
A few questions:
  1. Could you specify what you mean by "lags"? does it not keep up with your hand movement?
  2. Have you tried other mice? Does the issue persist then?
  3. Have you tried updating your drivers and installing an antivirus program?
  4. Could you provide the specs for your PC?

nofearcavalier

Honorable
Nov 10, 2015
Howdy, I apologize for the late reply.

1. When I move the trackball pointer, it jumps around, sometimes waiting a full second before moving.
  2. I don't have another mouse (I gave it away), but I use this same trackball with my work laptop and it doesn't have this problem.
  3. Yes, I've updated the Logitec driver. I have Webroot as my Anti-V program and it has been active for two years now. I haven't tried uninstalling it, however.
  4. My PC (Hopefully, this has the information you require).

Preemptive thanks for the help.