[SOLVED] Mouse scroll wheel acts differently in certain folders--moves to right and not up/down

pcumming

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
Mouse scroll wheel acts differently in certain folders--moves to right and not up/down

Strange..
In most folders (open File Explorer) when I scroll with the mouse wheel the contents of the folder will move up or down as expected so you can see all the files.

BUT in some folders when I turn the scroll wheel it will move the contents of the folder to the right so I can see the other columns.

Not sure why. All attributes of View (detail) look the same. Rebooting does nothing. This is your standard vanilla Logitech Wireless mouse I have had for years.

I reset some mouse options and set them back to see if it made a difference, Naaah

Any thoughts other than just live with it?

Thanks so much
Stay well.
Peter

Solution
Look at the scrollbars. If the only scrollbar you have is at the bottom (a folder with few files but you have eg "Details" pane) then scrolling will work L<->R. If you have a scrollbar at the right,, it will work U<->D.

pcumming

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
I think I found the answer. If I go directly to the folder the scroll wheel works fine-up and down. If I go to the folder using a shortcut (on desktop), then it goes to right with scroll wheel.

Oh well.

Peter