Mouse seems to not respond correctly on Windows 7.

Mason Methot

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2015
Problems problems problems, that's all I ever have. And I always come to this great community for help (I ask more than I do help)

Anyways, on my newly built computer, I have Windows 7, now, that could be problem #1 to this whole problem. On my old wireless mouse, I had two of them, a Logitech and an HP, both more laptop mice, whenever I played games or sometimes just used Google, it seemed to not respond like lagging or not responding to my left and right clicks. So I bought a new mouse, wired one. Love it! Best mouse I might have ever owned! https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-300
Thing is, I'm still kind of having the issue of it not responding. It's not lagging, it moves beautifully! But left clicking seems to be an issue. Even getting here, trying to select Computer Peripherals for the topic and clicking on the site, it wouldn't respond right. Kind of making me sad because I love the mouse, and I wanna know if it's the mouse...or just my computer or Windows 7 itself (I downloaded a non genuine version off a site, haven't activated it yet. Don't know if that plays in somewhere) I was also trying, a minute ago, to click and drag a window, but the mouse had trouble clicking and dragging the top. Just the left click, not the right or other buttons.

So it has improved from the other ones, but what is making my mice not respond correctly?
Please help! I built my own PC for the best computing and gaming experience! Not to have my mice not work!

Thanks in advance!

Ralston18

Titan
You should be able to go into the mouse software and adjust the left and right click speeds, sensitivity, scrolling, etc.. I.e., personalize the mouse.

Do not activate the non-genuine Windows 7. That is illegal and will probably just cause more problems and worse beyond the mouse issue. Delete it!

Mason Methot

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2015

Well if I have to delete it then that means loosing all of my personal settings and stuff and I've restarted this computer many times.