Mouse spamming keys for some reason

coldfreek

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
So my computer has recently started spamming random keys. typically numbers for 20 minutes+ and then stopping for a bit again.
After some extensive research as well as some small experiments, I've reached the conclusion that the problem lies in my Logitech M215 optical bluetooth mouse. I've changed around the USB ports so I know it's not a faulty port.
I therefore have two questions:
1. Why/how is my mouse making my computer spam keys?
2. Is there any way of fixing this or is it just a "get-a-new-mouse" sort of problem?

Thanks,

Solution
it has its own little dongle, it may use your computers aerials if it has any but i think it controls signal between pc and mouse directly. You can buy new ones of those...

try mouse on other computers and see if it happens on them as well... if you can.

can't blame Logitech drivers for confusing each other since kb is wired and mouse doesn't have drivers. I only suggested it as over 10 years ago now i had wireless kb and mouse and odd things would happen when mouse thought it was the keyboard. I avoid wireless mice/keyboards now.

Colif

Win 11 Master
do u have a Bluetooth keyboard? just curious if the pairing has gone mad.

tried updating USB drivers (would be on pc/motherboard makers web site)?

mice have no special drivers so that is out... have you got fresh batteries in it?

coldfreek

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016

Nope, Logitech G710+. Also, it spams the keys when the keyboard is plugged out as well so it can only really be an issue either with the mouse itself, or with the bluetooth connection.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it has its own little dongle, it may use your computers aerials if it has any but i think it controls signal between pc and mouse directly. You can buy new ones of those...

try mouse on other computers and see if it happens on them as well... if you can.

can't blame Logitech drivers for confusing each other since kb is wired and mouse doesn't have drivers. I only suggested it as over 10 years ago now i had wireless kb and mouse and odd things would happen when mouse thought it was the keyboard. I avoid wireless mice/keyboards now.

Solution