[SOLVED] Mouse sticks

Andrew_Werber

Prominent
Nov 24, 2020
When I use my mouse the cursor will start moving, then stop as I continue to move the mouse, after a few seconds the mouse will jump to where it should be. I've looked at some sites suggesting how to fix this issue, But nothing helps. I checked the battery, I tried cleaning the mouse, I checked Mouse settings (I have Windows 10 Professional), I plugged the USB receiver into a USB port on the front of the computer, I connected the mouse to another computer and the mouse worked fine, I checked Windows Update and it said I was up to date, I got a utility from Logitech and it said I had the latest drivers

The mouse is a Logitech M310 with Unifying receiver. I also got a Logitech K540 keyboard as a bundled purchase. I did not have this problem when I built the computer on January 14, 2021. I don't recall exactly when this started happening, maybe a month ago. I also sometimes notice that the keyboard has a noticeable delay.

The driver for the mouse says it's a HID-compliant mouse, Microsoft is the driver provider. Date is 6/21/2006 version 10.0.19041.1.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Solution
I'm thinking that maybe my anti virus software (or perhaps some service running on the computer) might be an issue. Right now, Task Manager reports that the AVG service uses about 0.6% of CPU. Is that a possible cause of this problem? If it a software problem, how can I find out that out?
disable the Anti-virus software, reboot, and see if the issue persists.

one easy place to stop some 3rd party processes from loading with Windows is in Task Manager's Startup tab.
disable everything there and reboot again if the AV disabled doesn't have any affect.

Andrew_Werber

Prominent
Nov 24, 2020
Thank you for responding to my question. I went on the Logitech site and chatted online with a help technician. Based on that conversation, he said I had the latest driver. He said a mouse using a Unify receiver uses a Microsoft driver.

Update: I attached a wired mouse to my computer and saw the same problem. I'm thinking that maybe my anti virus software (or perhaps some service running on the computer) might be an issue. Right now, Task Manager reports that the AVG service uses about 0.6% of CPU. Is that a possible cause of this problem? If it a software problem, how can I find out that out?

Also (added 2/8 11:02 Pacific Time). My Logitech Bluetooth mouse that I use with my Alienware laptop (about 3 years old, Windows 10) uses the same driver as my desktop computer.

Last edited:
I'm thinking that maybe my anti virus software (or perhaps some service running on the computer) might be an issue. Right now, Task Manager reports that the AVG service uses about 0.6% of CPU. Is that a possible cause of this problem? If it a software problem, how can I find out that out?
disable the Anti-virus software, reboot, and see if the issue persists.

one easy place to stop some 3rd party processes from loading with Windows is in Task Manager's Startup tab.
disable everything there and reboot again if the AV disabled doesn't have any affect.

Solution