[SOLVED] Mouse with weird problem, please help

Nov 3, 2018
Recently I had a lot of problems with my PC (described in another thread). I fixed those issues by getting a new motherboard.

But the curse continues as I'm having a new problem. I was playing a new game (Titanfall 2, new for me) and during the middle of a battle I noticed the controls got a little weird. It took me a couple of minutes to realize my attacks were inverted.

So the mouse buttons were swapped while I was playing the game. I exited the game and checked the windows settings. The settings were fine since I never changed them. The buttons were behaving the opposite of what was shown in the settings. So I had to invert the settings for the mouse to work the normal way. The problem is that this messes with some games as they don't acknowledge the settings swap.

I tried reinstalling drivers, I installed the manufacturers custom drivers (Ozone neon gaming mouse), tried changing settings with the registry, I checked windows update and even did a system restore. But nothing fixed it.

So I thought it might not be software related. I had another mouse that I was not using (microsoft basic mouse) so I decided to give it a try. The old microsoft mouse works fine. At one time I had both mouses plugged in my PC and their buttons work the opposite of each other.

So how do I fix this problem since it appears to be a issue with the physical mouse? Yes I was smashing a lot of buttons during the game, but I think mouses are supposed to endure those actions.

Solution
I found the problem / solution... turns out that this mouse has some built in swap buttons mode for left handed people. By pressing one of the main buttons + the dpi button for 5 seconds it switches the mode. Too bad I only saw the manual after all the trouble and I even opened the mouse..
Nov 3, 2018
I found the problem / solution... turns out that this mouse has some built in swap buttons mode for left handed people. By pressing one of the main buttons + the dpi button for 5 seconds it switches the mode. Too bad I only saw the manual after all the trouble and I even opened the mouse..

Solution