Question .mov files not playing after mac OS update

Status
Not open for further replies.

skimy

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
I have discovered that .mov files taken with my previous iPhone (I believe it was an iPhone 5) are not longer playable. QuickTime shows the first frame and the duration of the video is 0:00. I had a slightly better response on VLC, which actually plays the first frame for the duration of the video. For example, if the video was originally 0:12 it will show the first frame for 12 seconds. The file sizes are only in KB.

I have done a ton of research and downloaded multiple apps to fix this issue with zero success. Somewhere I read that it is possible the .mov container has been emptied.

I know the videos themselves are not corrupted because they are old videos that used to play and there are a total of 20+ mov files from that iPhone that have the same issue. I even have separate copies of the same video that I previously moved to different folders, and none of them are playing.

I suspect this happened after I updated the mac OS to Lion (or it may have been Maverick). I would appreciate any help as I am very distraught in the possibility these videos have been lost.

McIntosh_1

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017

you may also try with a media player to play this files, i have the same issue and get an media player at the MAS,now i can play it.https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/media-player-for-video-music/id981420053?mt=12

Status
Not open for further replies.