[SOLVED] Move a hdd with windows to my pc

Jan 3, 2020
I currently have my main pc with storage of 1TB. My old pc have a hdd with also 1TB. I want to get my old hdd and add it to my pc. Is it possible to add the hdd to my pc and then format it because it got windows on the hdd and my also have hdd with windows? I want to format the hdd on my main pc.

Solution
I currently have my main pc with storage of 1TB. My old pc have a hdd with also 1TB. I want to get my old hdd and add it to my pc. Is it possible to add the hdd to my pc and then format it because it got windows on the hdd and my also have hdd with windows? I want to format the hdd on my main pc.
Yes, that's possible. Just make sure, after plugging in the older HDD, that you still boot from the newer hard drive, otherwise you might boot into the older windows installation. Once you have booted from the new HDD, Windows will detect the older HDD and then you can easily format any partitions or the whole disk using Disk Management.
Yes, that's possible. Just make sure, after plugging in the older HDD, that you still boot from the newer hard drive, otherwise you might boot into the older windows installation. Once you have booted from the new HDD, Windows will detect the older HDD and then you can easily format any partitions or the whole disk using Disk Management.

Solution
Jan 3, 2020
So all I need to do is to boot from my main hdd and then format the hdd I’ve just installed?

TRENDING THREADS