[SOLVED] Move storage HDD currently associated with my SSD (<--has OS on it) to new larger SSD

Teddy Chapman

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
Hi Everyone,

Searched the forums and found no answer for what may be a dumb question.. :sneaky:

I am upgrading my PC's SSD to a larger SSD.
I have Windows OS installed on my SSD and use a 1TB HDD for storage that has tons of files, games and all that on it.

I am doing a clean install of Windows on my new, larger SSD.

My question is do I need to do anything with storage HDD that is hooked up right now with current SSD for it to work with the new SSD? Can I just leave it and will I be able to open and access everything after installing Windows and setting up the new SSD? Will it be found?

Thank in advance!
-Ted

popatim

Titan
Games that use launcher will be mostly fine. Reinstall the launcher app and then add the old location to the apps library list. Steam works this way other launchers are similar.

Programs that you installed to windows will no longer work. They write to the registry and the users hidden appdata folder and the new windows won't have these entries.

Check where your game saves are though. Sometimes they are in your Users folder which will be on your C: