Question Moved with pc on truck now pc won't turn on

robbi.c.taylor

Reputable
Feb 3, 2019
I moved with my pc in the backseat with me thinking it would be fine and now it won't turn on no lights on motherboard all the connection are secure and the psu is on I already ordered another mobo and it didn't work either so I ordered a new psu nothing changed so now I'm on 3rd mobo coming tomorrow does anyone know what could have happened?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Generally a complete dismantling and rebuild would be called for. Only takes one short to prevent a start.

Also breadboarding with only the necessary components connected. CPU/(GPU)/Motherboard/Ram and a CPU cooler with the PSU and only the necessary cables installed. Then you start adding in other components. When it stops working, you know what the culprit was, or you just complete the build at that point.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I moved with my pc in the backseat with me thinking it would be fine and now it won't turn on no lights on motherboard all the connection are secure and the psu is on I already ordered another mobo and it didn't work either so I ordered a new psu nothing changed so now I'm on 3rd mobo coming tomorrow does anyone know what could have happened?
Could be as simple as the power button on the case broke, jump the pins out on the MB or hook the reset switch to the MB power switch pins.

robbi.c.taylor

Reputable
Feb 3, 2019
Generally a complete dismantling and rebuild would be called for. Only takes one short to prevent a start.

Also breadboarding with only the necessary components connected. CPU/(GPU)/Motherboard/Ram and a CPU cooler with the PSU and only the necessary cables installed. Then you start adding in other components. When it stops working, you know what the culprit was, or you just complete the build at that point.
I'll try breadboarding it when I get my mobo tomorrow and report from there I'm just scared that either my cpu or ram broke somehow