Movies showing in low resolution

ayan.monsterrae

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
hello guys i need some help here, i noticed that the resolution when playing my movies are low or the graphics are low and kinda blurry, i have no problems when playing games or streaming online videos. i already used different kinds of players like vlc, mpc and windows media player still the same results and my movies are 720p and above.
here my asus laptop specs:
intel core i7-5500U CPU at 2.40ghz
64bit OS
8 GB RAM
intel (R) HD graphics 5500
Nvidia geforce 940M
also a 4k ultra hd

note: i already automatically and manually updated my display drivers and no luck

Solution

It's hard to know exactly where the issue is since it depends on the screen you are using, format and quality of the movies you are watching and if you are just more picky than others when it comes to quality of the video on the screen.

A compressed 720 or even a 1080 video on a large 4k display will have some image issues.

See if your TV has a "Cinema" preset for video, that tends to soften image artifacts.

ayan.monsterrae

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017

i have no problems with the screen. the format and quality of the movies are good, and i tried them on different computers and showed no problems. can i ask where can i find this cinema preset on my monitor? thanks for the reply.

There is no way to know if or where the cinema preset would be because you did not list what display you are using, you just said "also a 4k ultra hd". You may not have one, but if you do, it would be in the device settings.

Solution