Moving an SSD to a new computer.. USB3 issues

bosscube

Commendable
Nov 25, 2016
Hey guys, I recently bought a new Acer Predator G3 to replace my very, very old iBuyPower PC. Problem was, I have so much installed on my SSD that I can't reinstall, so I wanted to move it right over. I got a blue screen when I tried moving it, so I ran sysprep /generalize OOBE. Much to my surprise, it worked! It boots up just fine in the new PC, but there's an issue.. the keyboard and mouse don't work. They work fine in BIOS, but not in the OS. I turned on legacy USB support and they started working, but the mouse was slow and laggy, and the side buttons didn't work. So it looks like my Windows 7 installation is missing USB3 drivers. I installed the Intel USB3 drivers and it caused my mouse and keyboard to not even get power, so I had to do a system restore. So does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get USB3 working?

Please resist the urge to tell me to do a clean install.. for me, unfortunately it's not possible. I'm a developer and some of the applications I have installed are no longer available and/or cannot be licensed to a new PC.