Question Moving mouse around screen, cursor stutter, micro freezee, dc

gagi4253

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
Ok i am not sure, but i think i have this problem since i reinstalled windows and got 5600x, but i am not sure. I am sure it never happened on 2600.
When i move my mouse quite hard from left to right, cursor just micro freeze for half a second than move again, i tried with decreasing polling rate, uncheked 'allow this computer to turn of this device to save power' from device manager, it does not work.
I thought at first it was my mouse but now it started to turn of keyboard and probably headphones as well under some moving (i hear some noise in headphones while mouse and keyboard turns off) Can it be that my ports are starting to die off or?
What i found out, if i try to make problem happen with rapid mouse movement, it happen 2,3 or maybe 4 times but later if i am active at pc nothing happens, its usually works until i get off pc for some time and come back again.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, mode, wattage, age, condition (original to build, newer, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Make and model mouse?

Manually download the mouse drivers via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. (No third party installers.)

Are you able to try using another known working mouse on your computer?

Or use your mouse on another known working computer?

Determine if the problem stays with your computer or follows the mouse.

gagi4253

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
@Ralston18
PSU - LC POWER - https://www.lc-power.com/en/product/pc-power-supply-units/office-series/lc600h-12-v231/
Hard Disk- Toshiba 2tb 7200 rpm
M2NVME- Kingston 512 gb, a2000 model i think
I downloaded from Ngenuity and reinstalled mouse few times
5600x with rx 6600 non xt
16gb ddr4 3200mhz

Ok so i asked friend to give me spare mouse, it was Rival 3 after playing with that mouse the problem was fixed, everything was fine, no stutters and all that stuff, but my psu started to make weird ticking noises, its quite old 4+ years if i can recall. Now i am testing around with Pulsefire haste and problem seems to be fixed but, il test a bit more!

Ralston18

Titan
Yes. Continue testing to try and narrow down the cause.

A four year old PSU is certainly a potential culprit but bear in mind there could be multiple problems that may or may not be related.

Be methodical and remember to change only one thing at a time and allow time between changes.

Also, if you already not do so , be sure to back up all important data. Which should be routine habit anyway.

Back everything up at least 2 x to locations off of the problem computer. Verify that the backups are recoverable and readable,