Moving sole drive from 12inch laptop to 15 inch laptop

Jul 24, 2018
Hi all. My first post here!

I want to "upgrade" our enquiry laptop from the current 12 inch one to a spare 15 inch one we have. Can i simply swap the SSD drives. If not, what is the best way to do this. I want to keep everything as it is, just shift to the larger laptop. Both are Windows 10 Pro. Both have SSD drives of the same type. Thanks in advance.

Jul 24, 2018
Thanks for getting back to me COLGeek.

Answer to your question: Dell Latitude E7240 and I have a choice of either Dell Latitude E7450 or Latitude E7470.

Unless there is a solution, I will have to install all of the software (as an example, adobe acrobat professional) and software settings in the new laptop which is a pain. I have cloned a drive before when upgrading a drive, but never tried to simply move and install the drive in a different laptop.

Jul 24, 2018

Thanks for getting back to me COLGeek.

Answer to your question: Dell Latitude E7240 and I have a choice of either Dell Latitude E7450 or Latitude E7470.

Unless there is a solution, I will have to install all of the software (as an example, adobe acrobat professional) and software settings in the new laptop which is a pain. I have cloned a drive before when upgrading a drive, but never tried to simply move and install the drive in a different laptop.