Mozilla Agrees, Update Your Graphics Drivers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ikaruga

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Anything newer than the NV-197.45 driver, and I get no signal on the S-VHS port on my Gigabyte 9800GT-OC. So this is a no-go for me:(

akula2

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
@Getting tired of FF crashing because of Flash...and I'm running the latest everything.

That's why Apple was vehemently opposed and binned it :p

PreferLinux

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
[citation][nom]akula2[/nom]@Getting tired of FF crashing because of Flash...and I'm running the latest everything.That's why Apple was vehemently opposed and binned it[/citation]
I've never had that (FF 3.6)...Then again, I've used AdBlock Plus to block ads, and plenty else, so I don't see much Flash!

akula2

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
I'm using 3.6.15 with AdBlock plus too but the Flash really effects the performance of the browser and some sites make my FF to suck and almost die. Less said about guzzling the RAM and CPU utilization with those Flash sites. IMO, Flash must be discarded soon. Now don't jump on me by sticking "Apple Fan boy" label. Thanks!

G

Updating drivers is uneasy when must of cheaper manufacturers have not updated websites. It is not an easy task recover from selecting an erroneous driver, so many users avoid this. Only gamers and IT professionals are in the habit of continuous updating.

valu3hunt3r

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Tried the beta, failed (100% GPU usage bug - HD5850) and rolled back to 3.6.15 (no problems with this version).

Updating GPU drivers would not help this glitch (Catalyst 11.1, too lazy to do 11.2 just yet not that it would have any effect on FF =/ ).

G

Just get Opera instead - you can disable Flash with one click, or set it to be on-demand.

G

I got 60+ on chrome beta channel, firefox 5, and IE9. Rockmelt stable got only an 18. http://demos.hacks.mozilla.org/openweb/HWACCEL/

Status
Not open for further replies.