Mozilla Releases Firefox 3.6RC2; Final Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
lol in JavaScript speed there is so much more then just JavaScript on a website. It's where things like FF customization and crap weighs in, but imma still just stick to good old Opera.

Tedders

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]runevirage[/nom]Why are people still using Firefox when Chrome is like twice as fast >.>[/citation]
Speed isn't everything. Compatibility is kind of a big component too.

Socnom

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
Comment1:Well my browser can beat up your browser.
Comment2:Na Uh!
Comment1:Ya Huh!

The Comment browser wars have begun!

but seriously, choose the one you prefer and stick with it.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Unimpressed, I've been using Chrome 4 beta with extension support and I can't say I miss Firefox at all.

p.s, I thought we had an agreement that every Mozilla related article would have the Firefox chick in it?

drowned

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
"Unimpressed, I've been using Chrome 4 beta with extension support and I can't say I miss Firefox at all."

I also use Chrome 4 and FF 3.7 pre-alpha and 3.7 blows Chrome away for real world browsing speeds.

CrashOverride90

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2009
[citation][nom]weegee64[/nom]Ad Block Plus is the only reason I still use Firefox.[/citation]

lol well if thats the only reason then you also might want to try Google Chrome. The latest beta release (which is actually very stable) has ability to add extensions and the adblock extension is there

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
I'm still looking forward to what Firefox would be. But honestly, the only thing that stops me before from using Chrome as default was the lack of addons/extensions.

Memory leaks? These were solved - for good, in the browser at least - in Firefox 3.0, when the allocator was rewritten.

If you still have memory leaks, try updating extensions (some require manual checks) then disabling them one at a time until you find the leaky one.

Firefox 3.6 is supposed to mitigate that problem with extensions, too.

killerb255

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Is ReloadEvery going to be in 3.6 by default? The actual extension is buggy as all hell (it works on some PCs, and not on others, all using Firefox 3.5.7).

donaldjeo

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
I like your information… I have never read like this. You information not only interesting but mean full for me and other peoples who visit your site. But unfortunately I did not write any more due to my study about mcitp dumps because I want to update me in IT field and make me better and better. I did not spend all time at my study, also give time on music, sports and internet browsing for find out more and more great full and latest information. But i like to join you group and happy that i am a part of your group via make an account on your site and reply to your post. Have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS