Mozilla Sends Cake to Microsoft IE Team for IE10 Congrats

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
[citation][nom]COLGeek[/nom]Humor always makes the the day go better. I just wonder what might have been in the cake??[/citation]

Answer:
Cake.

Despite their minor differences, Mozilla and IE's team have usually gotten along pretty well.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]borisof007[/nom]Would have been pretty funny if Google sent Apple a Gingerbread cake.[/citation]
Nahh, a cake with jelly beans would've been better.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I think Microsoft and Mozilla realize there is a big enough pie (forgive the pun) for them both to do well, and they have been around long enough to know this. Much like Intel does not mind having AMD around.

Google on the other hand, I think is viewed by both as potentially far more dangerous, as they seem to want the whole pie for themselves, and seem to have their tentacles in everything. They are persona non grata in this whole affair.

basketcase87

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
[citation][nom]livebriand[/nom]Nahh, a cake with jelly beans would've been better.[/citation]
How about a cake with a map on it... with some purple tint to it.

theChad

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
i think this is ironic, and that has to be where the humor in competition comes from. in terms of web programming and development, Internet Explorer is the bane of all developers world wide. you can write code that looks great on every browser, from opera to chrome to mozilla to safari, and the finished product is still buggy as hell with internet explorer.

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
[citation][nom]theChad[/nom]i think this is ironic, and that has to be where the humor in competition comes from. in terms of web programming and development, Internet Explorer is the bane of all developers world wide. you can write code that looks great on every browser, from opera to chrome to mozilla to safari, and the finished product is still buggy as hell with internet explorer.[/citation]

It would be such a wonderful world if people wouldn't be stuck with a Internet Explorer 6-8 whole-craptastic mentality.

We're at version 10 now.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]theChad[/nom]i think this is ironic, and that has to be where the humor in competition comes from. in terms of web programming and development, Internet Explorer is the bane of all developers world wide. you can write code that looks great on every browser, from opera to chrome to mozilla to safari, and the finished product is still buggy as hell with internet explorer.[/citation]

And at least one client will say:

"But it won't work with this browser! I want it fixed!"

And such client is pointing at a computer, with IE6.

justchuck69

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
[citation][nom]bigdragon[/nom]Tomorrow we'll read that the cake was laced with laxatives and the entire IE staff has called off work.[/citation]

an " Exlax special " lmao

anandvinni

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
I think Ubuntu or LinuxMint team should send a cake to Win8 team, just because more and more people are exploring alternate to windows OS after using Win8.

xeranar

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
The workers see no reason not to share in the glory of their own handiwork. The companies only see the profit won and loss in each cycle. This simply shows it.

G

I don't know much about cake but I know what I like. I like that cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.