MS-6163 - question

Hello

I have a question. Does my Pentium 3 1100mHz/100mhz-FSB Coppermine will work
on my mainboard MS-6163 ? I have FC-PGA converter.

CeLs

> I have a question. Does my Pentium 3 1100mHz/100mhz-FSB Coppermine will
work
> on my mainboard MS-6163 ? I have FC-PGA converter.
>
> CeLs

I haven't got this procesor yet.... but I want to buy it, unfortunately I
can't test it...

CeLs

Spajky

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:59:16 +0100, "CeLs" <szytek@poczta.onet.pl>
wrote:

>I have a question. Does my Pentium 3 1100mHz/100mhz-FSB Coppermine will work
>on my mainboard MS-6163 ? I have FC-PGA converter.

Yes if you have a ver.2.0 of the MoBo & a blue sticker on chip close
to Bios chip .. .. or near IDE1 connector printed at the edge:
supports 1,3V for future CPUs ...
--
Regards, SPAJKY ®
E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

> Yes if you have a ver.2.0 of the MoBo & a blue sticker on chip close
> to Bios chip .. .. or near IDE1 connector printed at the edge:
> supports 1,3V for future CPUs ...
> --
> Regards, SPAJKY R
> & visit my site @ http://www.spajky.vze.com
> "Tualatin OC-ed / BX-Slot1 / inaudible setup!"
> E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

I have a ver.3.0A so I hope it will work.

CeLs

Spajky

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 00:18:44 +0100, "CeLs" <szytek@poczta.onet.pl>
wrote:

>> Yes if you have a ver.2.0 of the MoBo & a blue sticker on chip close
>> to Bios chip .. .. or near IDE1 connector printed at the edge:
>> supports 1,3V for future CPUs ...

I run my current Cpu on such a board (modded slotket) ...

>I have a ver.3.0A so I hope it will work.

.... it will, thats a BX_Master version ...
--
Regards, SPAJKY ®
E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

> >> Yes if you have a ver.2.0 of the MoBo & a blue sticker on chip close
> >> to Bios chip .. .. or near IDE1 connector printed at the edge:
> >> supports 1,3V for future CPUs ...
>
> I run my current Cpu on such a board (modded slotket) ...
>
> >I have a ver.3.0A so I hope it will work.
>
> ... it will, thats a BX_Master version ...

Great

Thank you for your help. I will buy it.

CeLs

Spajky

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 16:31:05 +0100, "CeLs" <szytek@poczta.onet.pl>
wrote:

>> I run my current Cpu on such a board (modded slotket) ...
>>
>> >I have a ver.3.0A so I hope it will work.
>>
>> ... it will, thats a BX_Master version ...

>Great
>
>Thank you for your help. I will buy it.

ATTENTION!
>> >I have a ver.3.0A so I hope it will work.

it came to my mind right now, sorry .. : what kind of ver.3.0A???
is this a Bios version on the post screen? (& not a version of a MoBo)
If so, check again the MoBo (first paragraph), because I do not think
there was a 3.0A version; the BXmaster was only 3.0 version IMHO.
Could be some misunderstanding here; could be also a simple plain
first version of the MoBo with 3.0A bios & I am not sure anymore
if is Coppermine ready MoBo you have! CHECK AGAIN !!! what version do
you have!

--
Regards, SPAJKY ®
E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

> >Thank you for your help. I will buy it.
>
> ATTENTION!
>
> it came to my mind right now, sorry .. : what kind of ver.3.0A???
> is this a Bios version on the post screen? (& not a version of a MoBo)
> If so, check again the MoBo (first paragraph), because I do not think
> there was a 3.0A version; the BXmaster was only 3.0 version IMHO.
> Could be some misunderstanding here; could be also a simple plain
> first version of the MoBo with 3.0A bios & I am not sure anymore
> if is Coppermine ready MoBo you have! CHECK AGAIN !!! what version do
> you have!

My MoBo is Coppermine ready. I have now celeron 800mhz on FCPGA. I
downloaded new bios from MSI site and updated my MoBo ( version bm5.6 from
2001-4-13 ). Here you are some picture, maybe those are help:

http://www.szytek.republika.pl/kart.JPG
http://www.szytek.republika.pl/ksia1.JPG
http://www.szytek.republika.pl/ksia2.JPG

CeLs

Spajky

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 16:24:30 +0100, "CeLs" <szytek@poczta.onet.pl>
wrote:

>My MoBo is Coppermine ready. I have now celeron 800mhz on FCPGA.

fine, than it was just my false alarm ringing ... :)
--
Regards, SPAJKY ®
E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##