[SOLVED] MS says my processor is not win11 compatible but is on the list

groran

Commendable
Aug 7, 2019
Hello, I have the Intel I7-7700K processor at 4.3 GHz. Every time I try to check on win11, it says with the PC check that my processor is not compatible with win11. I checked the list of ok processors and mine is ON the list. What is the problem? Any info is appreciated.

Honestly, I do not understand all the Win 11 Hype. Just ride out win 10. By the time support ends, you will want a new rig anyway.
And there are the outliers who will have 10+ year old computers by then, saying it works "perfectly fine", but demand the latest and greatest to support them.

Or those that seem to think once support ends for an OS, they can't use the OS or something, like Windows 10 will go "it's 2025, I will refuse to boot 😎"

logainofhades

Titan
Those with decade old rigs, should probably get new anyway,. At the very least CPU, motherboard, and ram. The GPU market as it stands, I could understand an old card getting reused. The 7700k is still a decent enough CPU, unless you are playing AAA titles with a very high end GPU.

Being a new OS release, it is going to be quite buggy, for awhile. I wouldn't recommend anyone get Win 11, for a least a few months, unless they are into being essentially a beta tester.