Question msg 8600. please do not use external displays

Sep 12, 2021
I tried running content browser for my video classes on my desktop but when I tried playing the lecture it gives error msg 8600. please do not use external displays and the software closes. these lectures can be only played in this software. how do I run this software?
SPECS
I3 4th gen
Microatx h81m mobo
Gpu GTX 950
DDR3 8gigs 1600 mhz
Windows 10 Pro
LG W1953
Monitor connected via DVI

content browser is the app they make us install with the actual video player. I think it's a security feature of the software so that we dont use any projectors or share the classes. maybe that's why it doesn't work with external display. but I don't have a laptop rn. how do I play these lecture on desktop?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Will the videos play if you use integrated GPU and not a GPU on your desktop?

This:

"content browser is the app they make us install ".

Who is "they"?

The problem may indeed be some copyright or other security feature to prevent "sharing".

However, not everyone (as in your case) has a laptop - you need to ask "they" about how to display/play the lecture on a desktop monitor.

Sep 12, 2021
yeah you're right I'll try to talk to them, I was thinking maybe there is a way through registry where I can modify it to make my external monitor appear as an internal(laptop screen)?

Sep 12, 2021
Will the videos play if you use integrated GPU and not a GPU on your desktop?

This:

"content browser is the app they make us install ".

Who is "they"?

The problem may indeed be some copyright or other security feature to prevent "sharing".

However, not everyone (as in your case) has a laptop - you need to ask "they" about how to display/play the lecture on a desktop monitor.
i disabled the nvidia graphic card and it worked. thank you