[SOLVED] MSI 1660 Gaming X

FaelanTM

Prominent
Sep 2, 2020
View: https://imgur.com/d3oFyen

As you can see in the picture the GPU has 2 stickers on the fans and they are shiny - but under that the stickers have bubbles can those bubbles imbalance the fans and make them wear out faster or break/start grinding ?

So my question is as i read a lot in the internet that having a off-center sticker on the fans will imbalance them and make them wear out faster i want to ask will my fans break/start grinding as i have little air bubbles on those stickers.
The gpu is new like a week old but today i noticed that there are bubbles on the stickers tried to remove them with my finger but on the right one there are still 1-2 small bubbles .....
Do i have to be concerned or it won't be a problem ?

The Gaming X is the "high end" brand of MSI and the fans are with Dual Ball Bearing but im still concerned ..... Please any help/advice will be appreciated

Solution
So its okay ? I tried to make the bubbles disappear with my finger but as i said 1-2 left ... but the stickers are not moving i mean everything is fine just some bubbles on the stickers ..... i don't want to have grinding fans cuz of a sticker ....

It shouldn't be a problem, the air is stagnant in a rigid casing and most likely doesn't even have enough volume to have an effect either way. You can also just try poking a needle into the bubbles to create a hole for the air to escape.
Yes and no. Yes as in the center of mass isn't exactly 100% balanced but no as in it won't degrade your fans quicker. The amount this little sticker tips the balance is negligible and won't affect anything really.. If your fans were really unbalanced because of this you'd know. It'd start making weird low bass noises or possibly start hitting the sides of the GPU frame creating audible constant tapping noises. What really makes it unbalanced is if you lost a fan blade. Once 1 blade is gone it starts to slowly rip apart the other blades since it's spinning so fast while unbalanced on one end. As long as you aren't hearing any weird noises from it it should be fine.

Reactions: FaelanTM

FaelanTM

Prominent
Sep 2, 2020
Yes and no. Yes as in the center of mass isn't exactly 100% balanced but no as in it won't degrade your fans quicker. The amount this little sticker tips the balance is negligible and won't affect anything really.. If your fans were really unbalanced because of this you'd know. It'd start making weird low bass noises or possibly start hitting the sides of the GPU frame creating audible constant tapping noises. What really makes it unbalanced is if you lost a fan blade. Once 1 blade is gone it starts to slowly rip apart the other blades since it's spinning so fast while unbalanced on one end. As long as you aren't hearing any weird noises from it it should be fine.

So its okay ? I tried to make the bubbles disappear with my finger but as i said 1-2 left ... but the stickers are not moving i mean everything is fine just some bubbles on the stickers ..... i don't want to have grinding fans cuz of a sticker ....

It shouldn't be a problem, the air is stagnant in a rigid casing and most likely doesn't even have enough volume to have an effect either way. You can also just try poking a needle into the bubbles to create a hole for the air to escape.

Reactions: FaelanTM
Solution

FaelanTM

Prominent
Sep 2, 2020

Thank you a lot ! Finally a peace of mind :D So im gonna start using the GPU again as i was playing only low demand games so the fans were 0 rpm :D ...... !