[SOLVED] MSI 3070 Ventus 3x OC Dead After ~5 Hours

Mar 5, 2021
I just got an MSI 3070 Ventus 3x oc and it died after just like 4 hours with no oc gaming/watching YouTube. It randomly shut off my whole computer but it did have good temps. I tried it in 2 different builds with 2 different power supplies and its still not working, one a 650 watt EVGA G1+ and the other a Corsair CX650. One board/cpu was a Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X with a 9700k which was where the 3070 was originally in, and the other an MSI Z370 A Pro with a 9600k. I tested both with my 1060 6gb and it worked fine. Looks like I just have some bad luck right? Also if anyone has info on the MSI RMA process, let me know because I may have to go through it.

Solution
I just got an MSI 3070 Ventus 3x oc and it died after just like 4 hours with no oc gaming/watching YouTube. It randomly shut off my whole computer but it did have good temps. I tried it in 2 different builds with 2 different power supplies and its still not working, one a 650 watt EVGA G1+ and the other a Corsair CX650. One board/cpu was a Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X with a 9700k which was where the 3070 was originally in, and the other an MSI Z370 A Pro with a 9600k. I tested both with my 1060 6gb and it worked fine. Looks like I just have some bad luck right? Also if anyone has info on the MSI RMA process, let me know because I may have to go through it.
A very similar thing happened to me
Brand new NVidia RTX 2080 Ti Founders...
Brand new NVidia RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition.
Started acting up within a few hours...and went to a total green screen after a few hours more.
I did the RMA with NVidia and it went very well.
They actually overnighted me a new card immediately and then I sent the old one back.

Solution
Mar 5, 2021
Brand new NVidia RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition.
Started acting up within a few hours...and went to a total green screen after a few hours more.
I did the RMA with NVidia and it went very well.
They actually overnighted me a new card immediately and then I sent the old one back.
Looks like I just need to do the same then, I think MSI takes like a week or two.

Looks like I just need to do the same then, I think MSI takes like a week or two.
I don't know if it's typical for NVidia to overnight like that. I tend to doubt it.
I think they may have done that because it was right after product launch....and I think I recall some bad press about the RTX 2080 Ti regarding early failures...and I think they might have just wanted to keep everyone as happy as possible.

TRENDING THREADS