MSI 560 TI SLI vs MSI R9 270X

ricebox64

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
I can't get a straight answer on this. I have been looking all over forums trying to figure it out.

Have a good rig lacking a good vid card. Built an I7 with 16gbs last week. MSI gaming board can do SLI or crossfire. Running a MSI R9 270X with 2 gigs of ram I picked up used for right now until I can drop more on a newer vid card (like a 970). Have a MSI 560TI with 1 gig of ram in my old gaming desktop turned workstation office desktop. Found another MSI 560TI twin frozen vid card on craigslist dirt cheap and worked a trade for it and its even better since it is the 2 gig version of the same exact card. Based off my reading since my one card is a 1 gig it will clock the other down to 1 gig in an SLI set-up.

What do you think? Is the SLI set-up going to be any better than the 270x in gaming applications (mainly steam gaming)? And if it is better is it worth messing with SLI and swapping in a bigger PSU (which I would have to acquire)?

I think the 270X will outperform the older card SLI set-up but want to ask to be sure.

ricebox64

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016

Can't find my same MSI 270X card for less than $150 even used and I'd rather not mismatch brands just for simplicity. The new gen cards are coming out soon and I'd rather save my money for someone trying to unload their 970 since they had to have the latest and greatest (how I got my one 270X for $90). I traded for the GTX560TI so I have next to nothing into it hence why I am playing with the SLI ideal.

If I could find an identical card for the same price I paid I would crossfire the 270Xs in a heartbeat but isn't that always the case?? haha.