MSI 970 gtx sli vs Gigabyte 970 gtx G1 gaming sli

Devon Tibbetts

Reputable
Jan 14, 2015
This is my first post so be gentle :D . This is my conundrum I have looked up on both these cards to finish upgrading my system and their the same price (within 20$) in my area.
I want to stick with these cards cause they will match my setup the most. I'm just wondering which card would be better in a sli configuration(best preformance). This is my setup I have.

Amd 8350 proccesor
Cooler master v8 gts CPU cooler
Sabertooth 990fx r2.0
G.skill 16 GB sniper 1866hz
Corsair RM1000 R psu
Corsair 780T graphite case (black) with 6 red led fans
Corsair 180gb ssd
WD 1tb HDD

Thanks in advance guys! :)

Winly

Distinguished
you can still get the GTX 970, I believe that will be fix with a software update, if not a revision will be made and you will get a new card. Also, the R9 requires a lot of power and it produces more heat while the GTX 970 runs cooler and doesn't need the same power requirement as the R9

krells

Distinguished
The 970 sli still performs well as it sits. If you want to steer clear of nvidia and go with amd I would get the 295x2 since they have dropped under $700. You have a solid 1000w PSU that can handle the card. You will also run much cooler than running air cooled 290's in crossfire.

Devon Tibbetts

Reputable
Jan 14, 2015
See I never enjoyed the amd cards or their driver control(catalyst). I use to have a nvidia card before and loved it. Even with this vram issue I still see the 970's out preforme the 290's or am I wrong.

Winly

Distinguished
people are making a big deal of this issue "gtx 970" the card still performs better than any card in its price range. Also, people didn't notice any problems until someone said it had a bug or misinformation about the card, then everybody follow it sayings its bad or whatever. if nobody would of say something everybody will be very happy with the card. In a nut shell, the GTX 970 is still a beast of a card.