[SOLVED] MSI afterburner not detecting anything

Jackie23

Commendable
Jul 4, 2019
I am attempting to use the temperature monitoring feature while playing games, but my msi afterburner won't detect my gpu or cpu. I have reinstalled twice, closed riot vanguard (a suggested solution) but nothing has worked. I have a gtx 1070 and a ryzen 2200g (upgrading to a 2600 today, which is why I want to get the monitoring working). Any solutions?

Solution
When you installed it MSIAB did you make sure to say yes to install RivaTuner Statistis Server? This sometimes causes issues depending on your hardware. If that doesn't work you can try using HWINFO64, there is no onscreen display, but it will chart your current, highest, lowest, and average temps. If you don't have dual screen just let it run in the background.

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
When you installed it MSIAB did you make sure to say yes to install RivaTuner Statistis Server? This sometimes causes issues depending on your hardware. If that doesn't work you can try using HWINFO64, there is no onscreen display, but it will chart your current, highest, lowest, and average temps. If you don't have dual screen just let it run in the background.

Solution