MSI Afterburner - Temp limit goes back to 83° default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2018
Hey guys, I have a Zotac GTX 1050 Ti OC. And I'm trying to set my temp limit to its maximum 97°, but for some reason after clicking apply, it works for a few minutes then if I apply another profile/preset, it goes back to 83° default, even though saving the 97° temp limit to all the presets I have. Is there an option to disable it from resetting back to 83° and just stay it put at 97°?

May 14, 2018
You seem very clueless about temp limits and power limits. Increasing them will give your gpu more headroom (pascal cards) to overclock themselves a lot more, for more performance. Increasing the powerlimit and temp limit won't destroy your hardware when your temps are fine. You are just giving them more breathing space to maximize the performance. I'm asking how to stay put the 97° temp limit, not lecture me about something I am completely aware and you are clueless about.

well aside that I am only trying to help, I would like to point out that yes GEFORCE states the GPU chip max temp is 97'c , but the other components on the video card cannot achieve those temps, thus based on those max temps it is not likely you will be able to achieve this " overhead" your seeking. and yes they are tied together as you increase the voltage to overclock your GPU you will overheat the regulators.

ref: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 & 1050 Ti Review
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti,4787-7.html
The voltage regulators and memory modules stay well within a safe range, thermally. The temperature right underneath the memory modules reaches just 60 °C, which is a far cry from their 85 °C maximum.
I will leave it at this , as I am not really answering your question and let anyone else that feels like correcting or answering the question from the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.