Question MSI b250m Mortar not detected ssd nvme

Sep 7, 2019
Hello guys! I need help for the MSI b250m Mortar motherboard can't detected m2 nvme Adata XPG SX6000 lite 128gb (in windows and bios), I have tried to update windows and the bios but it still undetected.

Thankyou very much!
Arkey

Specs? And how have you set things up with respect to add-in cards and storage? The lower chipset motherboards can be a bit limited if you have a lot installed, because some configurations will disable other ports.

Also the possibility of incompatibility, but I believe this should be rare.

Sep 7, 2019
Specs? And how have you set things up with respect to add-in cards and storage? The lower chipset motherboards can be a bit limited if you have a lot installed, because some configurations will disable other ports.

Also the possibility of incompatibility, but I believe this should be rare.
I5 6500
Ram 8gb
Corsair vx 450w
Adata xpg sx6000 128gb

You have other solutions? Thankyou for reply!

That's all the components of the PC? Very strange as it should work. Though you do mention updating Windows which does lead me to think something is amiss.

As it is, I would suggest double checking whether it is correctly installed. I've found M.2 SSDs a bit fiddly to install.

Sep 7, 2019
That's all the components of the PC? Very strange as it should work. Though you do mention updating Windows which does lead me to think something is amiss.

As it is, I would suggest double checking whether it is correctly installed. I've found M.2 SSDs a bit fiddly to install.
Yes thats all i have. Recently i updated windows to 1903 and bios newest. Can you have any solutions? Thankyou!

Only two/three things I can think of it check on.

1. A BIOS setting we are unaware of which needs changing, but I find this doubtful. (Looking at the MSI site and manual, it's a bit confusing as it mentions an adapter for specific NVMe SSDs.)

2. Check whether the SSD works on another system.

3. Check whether the M.2 port works with a known working M.2 SSD.

Sep 7, 2019
Only two/three things I can think of it check on.

1. A BIOS setting we are unaware of which needs changing, but I find this doubtful. (Looking at the MSI site and manual, it's a bit confusing as it mentions an adapter for specific NVMe SSDs.)

2. Check whether the SSD works on another system.

3. Check whether the M.2 port works with a known working M.2 SSD.
I have done check both 2 and 3, and ssd works properly

Sep 7, 2019
NVMe SSDs do not appear within the BIOS until Windows creates the system partition with the EFI Boot Sector.

Installation guide in this thread: