Prominent
Mar 21, 2020
Hi, my build is:
  • MB: MSI B350M Mortar
  • GPU: MSI GTX 1050 2G OC
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 1400
  • SSD: Plextor M8Pe
  • RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 8GB
The PC worked well for 3 years until it failed to turn on today. The screen is black and the VGA Debug LED is on. I tried to reinstall the graphic card a few times but still the same. Then I clean the cmos by taking off the MB battery and short the 2 pins following the manual. Then when it started, the monitor shown the Plextor logo with "detect pcie ssd drive..." and stuck there with the VGA Debug LED on. I cannot enter the BIOS interface. I'm just confused if the graphic card is down as the debug LED shows, there should not be any images on the monitor... Does anyone knows what's happening here? Cannot wfh without a desktop. Thanks!

Solution
To boot from a PCIe SSD drive you likely need to change settings in the BIOS. If you can't get into the BIOS remove the PCIe SSD. In the BIOS try going to "Settings > Boot >Boot Mode Select" and change the setting to "UEFI".

changty_6

Prominent
Mar 21, 2020
To boot from a PCIe SSD drive you likely need to change settings in the BIOS. If you can't get into the BIOS remove the PCIe SSD. In the BIOS try going to "Settings > Boot >Boot Mode Select" and change the setting to "UEFI".
Thank you for your reply!
I removed the SSD and changed the Settings but still the same. But then I put on another SSD from my laptop and it successfully turned on into the laptop's system. So it looks like the Plextor SSD is dead not the GPU card.
Well, the SSD lasts for less than three years that really surprises me. I guess I will buy a Samsung instead of Plextor.