MSI B350 PC Mate won't post after overclock AND resetting CMOS

Jul 11, 2018

• MSI B350 PC mate
    Ryzen 5 1600
    EVGA GTX 1060 SC 6GB
    ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3000Ghz Model No. AX4U300038G16-DBG
    EVGA 500w bronze

I put my computer together and it posted fine on the first try. I booted into windows and downloaded drivers. I rebooted and went into the bios and set up my RAM to run at 2933mhz at 1.35v. Then I set my CPU to 3.95ghz and left the voltage on auto.
I saved settings and rebooted and I can't post. No signal to my monitor. EZ debugger shows a light for CPU for a second after booting and then it goes off. All fans and LEDs are running. Sometimes instead of just CPU ez debugger it shows CPU and RAM LEDs. Sometimes it shows only the CPU LED and after quickly tapping the recycle button 5 or so times the RAM light comes on too.
I tried resetting the cmos by shorting the cmos reset pins with a screwdriver and also by taking the battery out for 5 minutes while having the computer unplugged.
I reseated the CPU and it has no bent pins. I reseated the RAM, tried just 1 ram stick in the slot the motherboard says to use as well as trying it in the other slots. I am all out of ideas.

Jul 11, 2018

Appreciate the response. I just tried these. Still CPU debugger light.

Try unplugging your computer, removing the CMOS battery and holding down the case power switch to drain any residual power from the system. If that does not help you may have no choice but to remove the motherboard from the case and see if it will boot outside the case.

Jul 11, 2018

Thanks for the help but I tried that and I tried 1000 other troubleshooting solutions. I talked to MSI and decided to RMA both my CPU and Mobo.